What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like to see in the new os?

dom123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree there needs to be tab button.. the next button works good to tab to something on a web page. but there is no ''next'' button on the keypad when in other apps, namely word apps and/or excel apps.

Last edited:

dom123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is no good way to move files from different folders around. I have both docs to go and quick office.. both apps cannot easily rename files and move files to different folders.. It would be nice for the iPad to have more of a windows folder file tree system in place.

also, I do not like that webpagrs refresh all the time when I use the multi web page view. this stinks because I usually do not want to refresh the web page at that moment. also, it usually logs me out of the webpage.. it wld be nice to stat logged in.. additionally, tab browser would be awesome.

lastly --- flash or some kind of flash alternative. this has not been a major problem and has only posed a minor inconvenience for me but it would be nice.. I would prefer a secure device over having this tho

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to have the ability to create my own albums and be able to simply drag and drop pictures from one to the other. Please let us have the option to rename a photo and or add a caption.
I too would like to have the option to make my own playlists with the songs I have on my iPad right from the iPad. In a nutshell, lets make it possible to get organized with our data. I mean besides playing games, isn't a computer device of this sort supposed to be designed to help us be organized? OK, take it from NMike and "Just Do It"

Ken Esq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Printing - it's ridiculous that the iPad has no way to print (yes, I know about some of those apps...they're useless)

2. Flash support - There are way too many websites that require this feature...and I'm not talking video.

3. Folder support like in the Jailbreak app, Categories SB. The folders functionality that was release with 4.0 is really pretty poor. Limiting it to 12 apps and with useless folder icons is really not much of an improvement.

4. Better graphical support for iPhone apps. C'mon make the text look decent at least.

5. A way to toggle functions like SB Settings provides.

6. Multitasking

7. Minimized apps to a task bar

8. Much improved Mail, Calendar and Contacts apps. The current versions are little more than toys.

9. More "utilitarian" apps. Things like FTP, Faxing, native PDF support.

10. Full bluetooth support (file transfer, headsets, etc.)

11. The end to the inadvertent link click penalty in Safari. You know...you're reading a webpage and you accidentally brush a link on the page and the next thing you know, your page minimizes and the other page pops up and starts to render...you have to wait for that to finish, hit the the "tabs" icon and then select your old page and then wait for it to redraw and then refresh.

More later...

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just be happy with multitasking. Would like to keep logmein in the background and be able to get back to the browser without having to keep looging back in each time I switch.

dom123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4 has the same wifi problems as the iPad! my iPad videos have been working good since 3.whatever update... multitasking may be the salvation to iPad because I cannot do fantasy football!!! i am commissioner and i like to copy and paste some data... copy/paste on iPad is extremely limited!!!!

for example, the numbers software also does not handle copy/paste correctly! there has got to be a ''paste special'' option or an ability to convert ''text to columns''

laptop back? I dunno

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
* Full resolution when running iPhone apps with retina graphics capability
* Setting to loose the 2x button on iPhone apps and just default to 2x (does any really run an iPhone app at 1x?)

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to see that I can work with pictures via the camera connection kit without having to pull them onto the iPad. (besides all the other stuff that's allready mentioned here)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to see that I can work with pictures via the camera connection kit without having to pull them onto the iPad. (besides all the other stuff that's allready mentioned here)

I agree with that one wholeheartedly. It would be fantastic to do photo manipulation on the road as one is in the midst of a photo shoot...

Most reactions

Latest posts