What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to get copyright and other symbols on your ipad?

Go to http://mrgan.com/gb/ and select the symbol you need. Then just copy it.

Example: ©

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-2712363730.png
    image-2712363730.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 388

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
ipad_newbie said:
I've had the account for over 10 years... So looks like no answers?? I'm so surprised there's no way to view unread emails... Seems like such a basic thing.

Picking a more appropriate thread to post on (or starting a new one) would probably have got you more responses. This thread is for detailing tips and tricks, not asking questions of how you achieve something. Due to the nature of this thread, it's much more likely be read by less experienced members, so you may not be getting the best help.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:
I've had the account for over 10 years... So looks like no answers?? I'm so surprised there's no way to view unread emails... Seems like such a basic thing.

Unfortunately Yahoo is to blame because they only support POP email. If they supported IMAP you would have a few more customization settings, like only synching mail from the past few days, or folders where you could move all your old emails in a new folder and be able to access them on your iOS device if you wanted to.

Here is a little from a yahoo support thread:
Best Answer

From Yahoo Support:

I understand, you wish to access your Yahoo! Mail
account using IMAP.

I am sorry to say that currently Yahoo! Mail does not support the
"IMAP"/"HTTP" interface. You will need to configure this email client to
use POP access in order to download messages from your Yahoo! Mail
account.

Source(s):

Yahoo! Mail Plus Customer Care

Answer by phillipb_30 4 years ago Report Abuse
Asker's Rating:

This is disappointing... The whole reason behind having IMAP is to sync email across multiple computers. I prefer not using the web as an email client. I would much rather use my local client.

ipad_newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:

Picking a more appropriate thread to post on (or starting a new one) would probably have got you more responses. This thread is for detailing tips and tricks, not asking questions of how you achieve something. Due to the nature of this thread, it's much more likely be read by less experienced members, so you may not be getting the best help.

Ok... I started a new thread, but based on all my web searches, seems like it's a losing battle. Big minus for the iPad. Who woulda thought you can't find your unread e-mail with this thing?! Still a pretty cool toy though.

thejdoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or with the app called Orb. Specifically regarding ESPN3.com over wifi.

PxDx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jpear said:
I haven't found the digital photo frame yet.....

It's on the lockscreen. It's the little square in the bottom right next to your slider.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Where exactly is this, I didn't get it..

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PxDx said:
Where exactly is this, I didn't get it..

On the right of the slide in your lock sreen. Press the power button. Your screen swtiches off. Press again and you have your lock screen.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-4023161188.png
    image-4023161188.png
    475.2 KB · Views: 429

poncotop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Post your tips and tricks here. Remember, many of us are new to iPad so the features/tricks that seem very obvious to you are not obvious to us. So help a brother out.

Here's a few that I have found to be quite useful being an iPad Noob myself...... :D

Speed up your typing: Double-tapping the spacebar while typing a message will type a period and then a space.

Make your passcode more secure: iOS defaults to a four-number passcode, but you can turn it off by going to Settings, General, Passcode Lock, Simple Passcode. Now you can use any full keyboard password to lock the iPad. The password also helps to encrypt your mail and attachments on the iPad, so you probably want to make it safer than a four-digit number.

Set the iPad to Erase Data: You can set the iPad to erase all data after ten failed passcode entry attempts by checking the Erase Data option under Settings, General, Passcode Lock.

Show traffic conditions: Open Maps, press the dog-eared page icon in the lower right, and then turn the Traffic overlay on. If your iPad has an Internet connection, Maps will show real-time traffic conditions in the displayed area. Green means traffic is going at the posted speed limit, yellow means traffic is slower than the posted speed limit, and red means traffic is stop-and-go.

Take a screenshot: Press Home and the sleep/wake button simultaneously. The screenshot will automatically appear among your photos.

wowwwww, i really like the screenshot tips.?

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
It is much fun! Take a screenshot and post in our Screenshot Thread! Or make your own.:)

Home and sleep/wake button ? Doesn't this do hard reset?

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
It is much fun! Take a screenshot and post in our Screenshot Thread! Or make your own.:)

Home and sleep/wake button ? Doesn't this do hard reset?

No. Doing it does a soft reset, very handy if your iPad freezes or just decides to do a Windows Vista imitation . No settings are changed ,no apps removed, etc. Hold both for about 15 seconds. You'll see the off arrow show up, disappear, the Apple logo will show up then disappear. After that leave it off for at least a minute to allow it to clear itself of the congestion, then power it up like normal. It will take about a minute to power up and be usable but it should be running like new again

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts