What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

nralgnam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do i get rid of some of the icons in the bar on the bottom, like pictures, ipod,mail?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
nralgnam said:
how do i get rid of some of the icons in the bar on the bottom, like pictures, ipod,mail?

If you mean the icons on the bar at the bottom on the home screen, hold you finger on the icon you want to move for a few seconds, the icons will then jiggle, at that point drag it to where you want it to be.

This is the same process for all icons, to make a folder, drag one icon ontop of another

just another lurker....

nralgnam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nralgnam said:

If you mean the icons on the bar at the bottom on the home screen, hold you finger on the icon you want to move for a few seconds, the icons will then jiggle, at that point drag it to where you want it to be.

This is the same process for all icons, to make a folder, drag one icon ontop of another

just another lurker....
That was easy, ty. But there is no way to erase or hide the icons? I will never use the picture or mail icon for example

Reaction score
nralgnam said:
That was easy, ty. But there is no way to erase or hide the icons? I will never use the picture or mail icon for example

There are only a few apps, which can be hidden, which can be done under Settings->General->Restrictions, however Mail and Photos aren't one of the ones you can disable.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
nralgnam said:

You can not erase default installed icons mail etc, only ones that you install

Just put all the icons you want to hide into a folder

just another lurker....

ipadforums12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-- push and hold any icon to start the jiggle

-- pick the icon you don't want to see anymore and slowly slide it off the lower right side of the screen. This will move it to the next page of icons, or if there is no next page, it will automatically create another page.

-- you can keep doing this to create more icon pages

For instance, I have all my commonly used icons on the first page, with a couple on the bottom. On the next page to the right I have apps that I bought but don't use as often. Finally, on a third page, I've parked all the icons that I never use. They're there if I need them, but a rarely go there.

You could have common apps on first page, work apps on second page, game apps on third page, purple apps on fourth page, and animal icon-ed apps on fifth page.

Last edited:

peato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installer oplayerHD sur ipad 2 trnansferer des films tout les formats accepter sauf mkv.... ou aller sur url => adress de megavideo ou debrideur de liens capable de streaming clik puis lire le fichier et enjoy regarder films series ou autre en stream sur ipad 1 et ipad 2 ......pE4t0.....

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I'm probably the last one to figure this out, but if you hold the comma key down, you'll get a ' (single quote) and if you hold the period key down, you'll get a " (double quote).

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To find all those holding down keys symbols, I went on every one and quite a few have loads, my favourite is the apostrophe under the comma, exclamation Mark, it takes some practicing but it's a sort of hold then flick upwards.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To find all those holding down keys symbols, I went on every one and quite a few have loads, my favourite is the apostrophe under the comma, exclamation Mark, it takes some practicing but it's a sort of hold then flick upwards.

Try it again. You don't have to move your fingertip other than press down and lift up. (just like holding down the shift key to "caps lock."

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get APPLE TRAILERS directly in iPad 2? I mean no downloading it from pc and syncing it....just download directly from ipad?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I'm probably the last one to figure this out, but if you hold the comma key down, you'll get a ' (single quote) and if you hold the period key down, you'll get a " (double quote).

You can also slide these keys up for the same effect.

Griz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm another new iPad 2 owner here. Two weeks now.

Can anyone tell me how to get video files from my computer, to my iPad 2. I'm at a total loss on how to do this and it's likely so easy, I'll feel like a dork when you tell me.

Hopefully you'll be able to help me.

Many thanks, and thanks for a place to come for help, this is great!

Bud

Most reactions

Latest posts