What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JJK said:
I don't think it explains on how to get Cydia working on the Ipad2 Tim....At least, not yet... :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I'm Leigh, but I forgive you as being Tim would be a compliment , and that explains to him that there is no jailbreak for iPad2 yet. That was my goal :D

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'm Leigh, but I forgive you as being Tim would be a compliment , and that explains to him that there is no jailbreak for iPad2 yet. That was my goal :D

Sorry Leigh. Guess it is still too early for me......

B

Brasil

Yes, it works!

You can enable multitouch gestures without xcode

I havent tried it so let me know how it goes

I tried it and the process took no more than 4 minutes... Three really handy gestures...

-4/5 fingers swipe left/right will change to running applications.
-4/5 fingers flip up will open the multi-task bar.
-4/5 fingers pinch will go straight to home screen.

Would be great if there was a switch on/off button in general settings...

Thank you for the tip!!! :)

carlnunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tip - Amplify audio by cupping hand over speaker

Temporarily amplify audio, when audio content is too low or environment too loud. By cupping a hand, over the iPad 2 speaker, It will influence the direction of the audio, helping to temporarily hear in difficult audio conditions. :ipad-movie:

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carlnunes said:
Tip I use to temporarily amplify audio, when audio content is too low or my environment too loud. By cupping my hand, over the iPad 2 speaker, I can influence the direction of the audio, helping to temporarily hear in difficult audio conditions. :ipad-movie:

I use headphones for that. That way my hands are free to hold my beer. :)

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out this website to learn how to quickly insert punctuation when typing. Instead of tapping the number key, entering the number and then tapping the ABC key, you can just tap/hold/swipe.

The article describes it better than I ever could, so here it is:
Beginner Tip: How to quickly insert punctuation on iPhone and iPad | TiPb

I've used this tip almost every day. Very handy!

Marilyn

I've had my iPad for a year now and never knew those tips to make typing numbers and punctuation easier:)

Trying them for a bit will delay me jailbreaking as I saw that as the way to get quicker numbers typing by getting a numbers row on the on-screen keyboard.

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lukepast said:
I've had my iPad for a year now and never knew those tips to make typing numbers and punctuation easier:)

Trying them for a bit will delay me jailbreaking as I saw that as the way to get quicker numbers typing by getting a numbers row on the on-screen keyboard.

Thanks

Ext Keyboard app will give you numbers row over letters, you can only type in the app but copy and paste to other apps is really easy.

The Archangel

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ext Keyboard app will give you numbers row over letters, you can only type in the app but copy and paste to other apps is really easy.

The Archangel

Maybe so but, it would be totally impractical for typing in my unlock password which has numbers in it and even slower than using the numbers key when typing my diary. The touch and slide will be much faster IMHO

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course if you have an iPad1 and would like to try jailbreaking, you can do this easily with 5-Row Keyboard for iPad :D

2a7a1e29.png

01e0db15.png

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carlnunes said:
Temporarily amplify audio, when audio content is too low or environment too loud. By cupping a hand, over the iPad 2 speaker, It will influence the direction of the audio, helping to temporarily hear in difficult audio conditions. :ipad-movie:

I had an idea for a case that has a slide out slip that slid out the case about an inch and a half at the speaker which would project the sound towards the user and not the back. Someone is trying to release something like it, but it's not a case, its a little snap on piece. I don't understand why Apple made the speaker facing the opposite way of the user???

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Bjdowen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I download pictures from my pc to my iPad? I just got this about a week ago!
:)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bjdowen said:
How do I download pictures from my pc to my iPad? I just got this about a week ago!
:)

Use iTunes. When you plug your device in, you click on your device in the sidebar, then up top above your device info you will see "photos", then you click on that and Sync. You can also choose which folder you want to use to sync to and transfer pics.

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Last edited:

JRC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CF cards v SD cards for iPad

new to ipad and wanted to upload photos from a compact flash card, it wont connect to the camera and the card is not suited to the photo connectors provided by apple. Solution is to buy an SD card and to buy a CF Type II convertor from Maplins. This allows the CF card to be used in the camera and containing the SC card and then the SD card can be inserted into the apple attachment and photos are uploaded.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still like the double click of the home button when my music is playing and I can control the music while ipad is off.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts