What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

80AM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trim up your videos: (hopefully someone finds this useful)

When you're watching a video on your iPad or iPhone you can cut out a selected portion of it and save over the original video or save it as a new clip.
With the video pulled up at the top of the screen where the slider bar is you can press and hold on either end of it and slide your finger towards the middle of the timeline to cut out part of the clip.

enjoy,
80AM

ipad_newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the iPad 2 here. I've set up my Yahoo mail using the Mail app, but can't seem to find a way to only see my unread emails (same issue if I go to Yahoo mail using Safari). Any tips for viewing just unread emails?

Amongst thousands of e-mails, I have 7 undread ones that date back to a few months ago, and I don't want to browse every page to find them. Thanks for your help!

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:
Hi All,

New to the iPad 2 here. I've set up my Yahoo mail using the Mail app, but can't seem to find a way to only see my unread emails (same issue if I go to Yahoo mail using Safari). Any tips for viewing just unread emails?

Amongst thousands of e-mails, I have 7 undread ones that date back to a few months ago, and I don't want to browse every page to find them. Thanks for your help!

Delete or file your read/unwanted emails off the yahoo site/server. As long as they are there, iPad will snag them. I have yet to find a "grab only unread mail from server" option on the iPad.

ipad_newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:
Hi All,

Delete or file your read/unwanted emails off the yahoo site/server. As long as they are there, iPad will snag them. I have yet to find a "grab only unread mail from server" option on the iPad.

Really? That's pretty dissappointing... I have over 14,000 e-mails in my inbox and filing them all will be a nightmare. There's really no way in this very smart device to view only unread e-mails??!

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:
Really? That's pretty dissappointing... I have over 14,000 e-mails in my inbox and filing them all will be a nightmare. There's really no way in this very smart device to view only unread e-mails??!

Not that I have found.... But hopefully someone chimes in with the trick. Because if they do, both of us will be happier... :)

ipad_newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:

Not that I have found.... But hopefully someone chimes in with the trick. Because if they do, both of us will be happier... :)

Agreed! Anyone else? Please help us out on locating only unread email messages!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:

14000 emails in your inbox! Do you collect spam?
I don't know if it's correct but even though I delete emails on the pad gmail still sends them to my I box so the pad email I use for quick hitters

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:

Agreed! Anyone else? Please help us out on locating only unread email messages!

In Safari, logged into MyYahoo Mail (I'm using Mail Classic till they take it away), viewing my Inbox, I can click Unread and view only unread emails. Not sure if this will go away when they go to their new mail service.

CHESTER1090

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning to all.

Is there a way to move my email contact list from "Hotmail" on my PC to my ipad 2, or should I just default my email on the ipad to hotmail, not google?

Second question. On your pc, if you move to a link, decide to quit it, you hit the "back" arrow in the tool bar; on the ipad 2 there doesn't appear to be a "back" arrow, I have to close the window and go back into the original app at the start. I hope I was clear on this...

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I forwarded yahoo mail to gmail, now g mail is cluttered :( is there any way to reverse it?

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Does anybody know how to get APPLE TRAILERS directly in iPad 2? I mean no downloading it from pc and syncing it....just download directly from ipad?

There are a couple of apps that allow you to see what's on at your local cinema an also view the trailers of those movies. Flixster is one that comes to mind

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

ipad_newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_newbie said:

14000 emails in your inbox! Do you collect spam?
I don't know if it's correct but even though I delete emails on the pad gmail still sends them to my I box so the pad email I use for quick hitters

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I've had the account for over 10 years... So looks like no answers?? I'm so surprised there's no way to view unread emails... Seems like such a basic thing.

Most reactions