What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered my 32GB wifi black iPad 3 about 12 hours ago and it took less than 10 minutes through the apple store app on my iPhone.

GARoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woah! My order (in the UK) just went through although it did look like it hadn't at first as it threw up an error page at the end of checkout. Checked my account and it's there though. Beginning to think I was going to have to give up tonight.

I'm sure most everyone experienced a bit of chaos while ordering. I'd get the "error" message, then back arrow & try again & again & again. Then finally got to the "order summary page" only to find that Apple thought I wanted to order 10 iPads, 8 docks, 11 Camera Connection Kits & several Apple Care options! It took awhile to figure out how to fix that without getting more errors but I finally managed to.

It was fun!!! Can't wait. :D

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So exciting--went to my Apple account and there is already a tracking number for my new iPad (I preordered yesterday).

ETA--It has left China and is on it's way to the US. Is it the 16th yet? ;)

Last edited:

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bonus due the day of launch.....so I let wifey know I'm spending part on my new iPad...and also a bit to take her to a nice dinner! lol...

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orderd my white 64gig 4g iPad to replace my iPad 1...was waiting for best buy to decide how they are handling it so I could use all my reward zone money but just could resist and went onto apple and ordered. Went right thru...no errors! Waiting on the email! My new husband is going to love my iPad 1

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boyfriend made a mistake and order me a 32 wi-fi only, instead of the 4g version. He also had it personalized. Do you think its too late to correct this? He works nights and is sleeping, otherwise I'd have him call them up right now and find out!

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So exciting--went to my Apple account and there is already a tracking number for my new iPad (I preordered yesterday).

Wow! Very nice!....still processing here....although it was 4:45 EST yesterday before the system lag opened up long enough to allow my order to be accepted...

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boyfriend made a mistake and order me a 32 wi-fi only, instead of the 4g version. He also had it personalized. Do you think its too late to correct this? He works nights and is sleeping, otherwise I'd have him call them up right now and find out!

Go to the order status using the confirmation email...if it is still in the processing stage you will be able to modify. If it is preparing for shipment you're likely too late.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the order status using the confirmation email...if it is still in the processing stage you will be able to modify. If it is preparing for shipment you're likely too late.

Thank you. It looks like I'm too late; its preparing for shipment. I'm guessing, since he had it personalized, that I can't return or exchange it. Oh well; I was iffy about the 4g anyway; I'm sure I'll be fine without it. I can always drop my unlimited phone plan, pick up a tethering plan, and use my iPhone as a hotspot.

One other question, when I was reviewing the various stages of the order it says "5. Ready for pickup" and indicates that my item will be available for pickup at the Apple store. Is that where my iPad will be shipped? They don't ship to our homes?

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mdholm said:

I think that I would have ordered my own iPad. You can not depend on peeps to get things right just how you want them.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

TaraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ve pre-ordered mine too in the UK...i dont think there's a heavy hit on the Apple UK site as I was in & out! Impatiently waiting as a first timer;)

Most reactions

Latest posts