What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, it's delivered on the 16th, so it will be in the mail on the 14th.

Took a little bit to get through but got my order in around 4:45 this afternoon. Got my confirmation and it says I should receive it sometime between Wendsday the 14th to Friday the 16th. When I ordered I asked if it would be shipped the 16th and he told me no. Said I will GET it by the 16th. Hope he is right. My husband is getting my ipad2.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just preordered my 64gb+4G white... set me back $908.79... hoping it will be here on the 16th like it says but on another page it says they're shipped out within 5 days of launch date so we'll see... This is actually going to be my trial, I'm gonna try it out and see how I like it and probably sell it and wait until August when I can buy one with my stipend so it won't be almost a grand out of my pocket.

I'm counting down the days now.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tweeter said:
I've got one sitting in my cart, but can't decide if I want to go ahead or not. Drat, I shouldn't have even looked at them.

I have done that many times. Like on eBay. After I pay for whatever item it may be I say to myself. Did I really need that? It is fun to purchase but not all that fun to pay.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got through to the page where I add my credit card no. It said I took too long to process and I must now go back to
The beginning and start all over. I was quite literally on here all day. I watched the video of the launch and some other videos,
Had trouble figuring out what some things were. I still don't know what some things are, like a cloud. Like Jailbreak ?
Anyone care to explain? I don't even know anyone else who owns an iPad, just me. I wanted the TV box but decided to buy
The extended warranty for now and I'll read whatever I can on the TV Thingy. I can't find where I would download iCloud, I searched but couldn't find, just what it does. I don't use iTunes or Netflix etc so don't see any benefit of having the TV box.
How about the rest of you?

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Palmilla said:
I ordered over the phone. Was on hold for about 30 minutes. Then a kind woman came online and told me I was her first order, because the computer and phone lines were down. It took me about 20 minutes to order my Ipad 3, wi-fi 4g 64. Now my 87 year old mom will get my first generation iPad.

If you were really nice you would give your mum the iPad HD nd you keep the iPad 1.

Do you think you will do this??????????????????

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
Glad to report that I prordered the wifi/4g version. I'm excited to have faster speeds than 3g offered. My iPad 2 is on Craigslist as I type.

One thing wrong with 4g many parts of the country (UNITED STATES) do not have 4g coverage.

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen what you are referring to. But the cloud comes with the iPad and IOS is the operating system, so no you don't buy those too, they are included, although extra storage is available in iCloud. There are adapters available to mirror your iPad on your TV. Hope that helps.

Oh thank you so much, I spent hours trying to find these to download to my iPad 1. What about Jailbreak? What is that

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LoveRem36 said:
Oh thank you so much, I spent hours trying to find these to download to my iPad 1. What about Jailbreak? What is that

Jail break to me from what I have in many messages will make your iPad or iPhone either work OK or most likely well jailBREAK break your I devices so they do not function properly.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will make your iPad or iPhone either work OK or most likely well jailBREAK break your I devices so they do not function properly.

It depends on what you install... I wouldn't recommend someone who is completely inexperienced jailbreak their device because, while it does grant you all these possibilities, it does take away that foolproof design that Apple had laid out with apps. Markets like Cydia aren't as strict as the App Store which means that you download can drain your battery, lock up your phone, slow things down, etc. if you don't take your time to look at what the tweak/app actually does. It makes your iDevice more like an actual computer this way so people should treat it like that and not go willy-nilly installing every program they come across.

Not saying lemons don't ever make it into the app store, it's just a lot easier for you to screw up when you're jailbroken.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LoveRem36 said:

As you say you don't know what icloud is then I'm thinking your ipad is on an older version and if this is the case jailbreaking will not be available for you unless of course you happen to have a version that a jailbreak already exists for. Have a look in Settings - General - About and look for version. Your new iPad will come with IOS 5.1, there isn't a jailbreak available for this version as yet either. Have a look at this thread and it will explain Jailbreaking to you. If you do decide to jailbreak one day there are many experienced Moderators and members here who can guide you. So have a look and decide for yourself.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Your iPad 1 can be upgraded to 5.1, but I have heard you will not have all the features available to an iPad 2 and of course the new iPad, but there are still plenty of features you will receive, one of which will be iCloud. There have been issues come to light after the upgrade to 5.0 for ipad1. The 1 only has 256mb of ram whereas the iPad 2 has 512mb, and it is for this reason that the ipad1 may crash more, although a regular maintenance routine will stop this from occurring. I still think it a very worthwhile upgrade to do and we have many happy ipad1 users who have upgraded their iPads. I just felt I had to give you this info as you will see some threads where some members wished they hadn't done the upgrade. Hope this all helps you.

Last edited:

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
samch said:
After hours of trying I finally ordered mine in uk 64gb black wi fi,took forever to get through then it showed I had ordered twice so canceled one order.my dispatch date is 16 to 19 and says takes 2 to 7 days delivery ,did anyone in uk get a 16th delivery date ?

I am in the UK. I Tried for 4 hours and lots of OOP's until eventually it accepted my order. I received my email at 2am stating I would get the IPad on the 16th.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DJKNIGHT13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great forum, been lurking for a few months and decided to join up yesterday. Ordered the new iPad, which will be my first, at approximately 1 am UK time. Did not have much joy doing it on my mac and in the end it was via the apple app on my iPhone. The order went through so smoothly that I was kicking myself for not using this method in the first place.

Went for the Black 16GB Wi-fi model... an indulgence on my part but I have always wanted one , so I justify my purchase by stating it is my birthday present to myself which is at the end of this month.:)

Last edited:

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Black 64GB/4G iPad is ordered, took about 4 hours for me to be able to access it online and it actually go through all the way without any error messages. Still using my 1st Gen and have been impatiently waiting for the 3 to come out to upgrade. Now to see who I should pass my old one along to.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered a Black 64GB/4G w/ AppleCare+. Order went without a hitch on Apple.ca. The date of delivery is shown as March 16-20.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
took 2 hours to get through and place the order on the website. I even treid calling an ordering over the phone since the website was slammed, yet after a 20 minute hold they told me they cold not do any pre-orders until the website came back online.

I ordered a Black 64GB WiFi + 4G model with AppleCare alonge with the new Apple TV.

Most reactions

Latest posts