What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Judl88

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm so glad you didn't get hurt.....and you have a great brother, he knows what's really important! Accidents are always such a horrible experience but sometimes they serve to show us just how easily they can happen and that's a good thing to be aware of. I hope you're not going to be sore today though, even if you're initially unhurt, you can feel a little bruised later!

Thanks a lot. Yes he is a great brother. Yes, i still can feel the muscels in my neck, shoulders and arms aching because of the strain...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Judi. A car can be repaired, us, not so easily! I've had two accidents so far and the first was my fault (racing my brother -long story!) and the second was the road conditions were icy and landed up smacking the person in front. More damage to them than mine. Mine was well made, theirs was mostly carbon fibre. Oops! Not a pleasant experience though. At the moment, I am awaiting my new space age oven! Woop woop! Seems ages since I last had an oven cooked meal. Two months? Three? Anyway it's an AEG (no knobs!) electric double oven! Yes, you heard right, no knobs anywhere! Can't wait. No cleaning knobs ever again!

Attachments

• image-1834088654.jpg
    image-1834088654.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 149

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had my first car crash today ( or austrian time yesterday) i'm having my driving licence since 7 years... It's a horrible experience... It also was my brothers car i was driving with & I feel guilty about that, but he's a very good brother( love him) and thankfull that i'm not hurt, just his car ... Hope i'll never have that experience so soon again... Sorry if there are mistakes in my writing, it's early morn in austria

It's always such a scare to be or hear a loved one in a motor vehicle accident. So glad that you came out of it Judi with only soreness...but do keep an eye on that. Sometimes that pain doesn't go away so quickly and may just need a medical check up to make sure no underlying injuries are present.

Your brother sounds terrific-he sounds like my own! :)

Cheers!

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Judl88

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's always such a scare to be or hear a loved one in a motor vehicle accident. So glad that you came out of it Judi with only soreness...but do keep an eye on that. Sometimes that pain doesn't go away so quickly and may just need a medical check up to make sure no underlying injuries are present. Your brother sounds terrific-he sounds like my own! :) Cheers! Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Thank you... I will keep an eye on that... Yes he is really a good brother, i'm glad to have such a brother

Judl88

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Judi. A car can be repaired, us, not so easily! I've had two accidents so far and the first was my fault (racing my brother -long story!) and the second was the road conditions were icy and landed up smacking the person in front. More damage to them than mine. Mine was well made, theirs was mostly carbon fibre. Oops! Not a pleasant experience though. At the moment, I am awaiting my new space age oven! Woop woop! Seems ages since I last had an oven cooked meal. Two months? Three? Anyway it's an AEG (no knobs!) electric double oven! Yes, you heard right, no knobs anywhere! Can't wait. No cleaning knobs ever again!

Thanks... Yes that is true

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks... Yes that is true

Being in about ten accidents now, one my fault, I can tell you the first one is the worst! You being safe most important of all! Very very glad to hear it.

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it just me , or do some people just not bother doing research when they buy a contract mobile phone ? Surely some people cannot be so foolish as to go headstrong into a contract knowing that what they've got is 2 + year old technology which will be almost redundant ?

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF
It's just you! ;) KIDDING,! I don't even have a cell phone! ;)

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
annoyed with advertisements on websites, i was until now, came across these ad blockers and they really work, so i am sharing this here, sure many will know, but ignorants like me who have suffered from ads, here is the proverbial nurofen / paracetamol for that annoying non sense, and its good riddance :thumbs::thumbs:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adblock-for-ios-must-have/id537774578?ign-mpt=uo=8 for the iOS, i liked the free version so much i bought the pro version for £1.49, its half price now for how long i don't know, it works, takes all the ads away from youtube and mac daily news site

https://extensions.apple.com this is for the OSX Safari, click on the link and look for the ad block icon and it will down load free into your mac and no more ads, thank god. Hope it helps

Judl88

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Being in about ten accidents now, one my fault, I can tell you the first one is the worst! You being safe most important of all! Very very glad to hear it. dde2cdde0edde07 Peace begins with a smile. :) M Teresa

Thanks a lot... :)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone watched candle cove? I heard it was a kid show, first aired in in the 1970's I think. I can't find a video of it and want to watch it. Is it a really good television show?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone watched candle cove? I heard it was a kid show, first aired in in the 1970's I think. I can't find a video of it and want to watch it. Is it a really good television show?

Apparently it started as a fictional store about a kid's show that caused the same nightmare in those that watched it. It belongs to a short story genre known as creepypasta. The actual show does not exist, though there have been fan art videos and other stuff.

Or so this article I found online says.

Candle Cove | Know Your Meme

Watching the embedded video probably won't give you nightmares, but it might give you a headache. ;)

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone. Hoping you all have a safe and happy holiday season!

Most reactions

Latest posts