What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone jailbraked iOS 4.3?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for new ipad2 owners but it will be a while b4 you all see a jailbreak. Limera1n and Shatter exploits have been patched up by apple. They both were hardware exploits and apple fixed it. The only way might be thru Comex with some kind of new Jailbreakme type jailbreak. Check out the link below. If u haven't already, plz bookmark that site. As it has all the latest hacker and jailbreak news ;-)
SHAtter Also Patched in iPad 2, Confirms iPhone Dev Team | Redmond Pie

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for new ipad2 owners but it will be a while b4 you all see a jailbreak. Limera1n and Shatter exploits have been patched up by apple. They both were hardware exploits and apple fixed it. The only way might be thru Comex with some kind of new Jailbreakme type jailbreak. Check out the link below. If u haven't already, plz bookmark that site. As it has all the latest hacker and jailbreak news ;-)

It is rather funny how Apple had patched both exploits already before someone found them. Couldn't they have simply updated the bootrom of iPads shipped after March 2010? And thus made these exploits also unusable on iPad 1's?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

It is rather funny how Apple had patched both exploits already before someone found them. Couldn't they have simply updated the bootrom of iPads shipped after March 2010? And thus made these exploits also unusable on iPad 1's?

I'm pretty sure Apple has people that troll the sites and web that talks about jailbreak. They probably have a lab where they jailbreak their own devices using the methods described online and then figure how to patch it. If was them, that's how I would do it..lmao.
Well the Limra1n was already known since that's the most common jailbreak method used now for ipad1. Shatter exploit was supposed to be a secret but someone must've leaked it out or apple just figured it out on their on. Plus those 2 are hardware oriented exploits. Apple couldn't fix that on ipad1. They fixed it on ipad2 by revamping the hardware side of things thus closing those 2 known hardware exploits. They say one of them is still there in ipad2 but jailbreak won't work. Apple has some new security method called ASLR, i believe, that makes it verrrrry hard to break. It can be done but with Geohot busy with Sony lawsuit, someone else has to step up to the plate again like Comex or Musclenerd.
We might be seeing another Jaibreakme.com jailbreak soon. I loved that method cuz it was so easy n simple to do. Go to the website, slide the slider n Bam, ur jailbroken ;-)

Last edited:

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are all nasty criminals and pooter haters...lol. After they work out all the bugs on the new update and the programs for jailbreaking I wanna DL then. Think how much money we could make if we started selling T-shirts that said " I jailbroke my I pad." We are all trouble makers..he..he..he...don't cha just wuv it :D ...Mike

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are all nasty criminals and pooter haters...lol. After they work out all the bugs on the new update and the programs for jailbreaking I wanna DL then. Think how much money we could make if we started selling T-shirts that said " I jailbroke my I pad." We are all trouble makers..he..he..he...don't cha just wuv it :D ...Mike

That's funny!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the tetherd 4.3 jailbreak requires it to be run on OSX? Is that correct? Does anyone know if they will be making a windows version of the cracking apps?

I don't mind the tethered jailbreak so much, except when the files for jail breaking go up in smoke on my hard drive and then I can't get windows versions of the cracking apps :(

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the tetherd 4.3 jailbreak requires it to be run on OSX? Is that correct? Does anyone know if they will be making a windows version of the cracking apps?

I don't mind the tethered jailbreak so much, except when the files for jail breaking go up in smoke on my hard drive and then I can't get windows versions of the cracking apps :(

So far yes, tethered jailbreak only done thru mas OSS at the moment. Usually a windows version come along soon after. Or they might just be waiting until apple releases 4.3.1, which is very soon. Reason being apple found the exploit that allows the jailbreak and supposedly gonna patch it up with new release. I know for sure untethered jailbreak is delayed until that 4.3.1 release.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill wait for 4.3.1

Same here. Plus I just noticed the op thread was talkin bout cracked apps..lmao. I didn't read it thoroughly enough.
Op, juss a heads up, mods will violate u for mentioning or talking about cracked apps. I skimmed the post n thought u meant reg. Apps..lol just trying to warn u so the mods don't get cha ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus a news change up. They are now deciding to release jailbreak for iOS 4.3 as soon as by next weekend. I have a thread here in this section with the details.

Most reactions

Latest posts