What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad2 jailbreak question- jailbreaking an already jailbroken ipad on 4.3.3

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have an ipad2 that is jailbroken on os 4.3.3. I see the new jailbreak for ios5 is now available. My question is how to i upgrade an jailbroken ipad? Do i just have itunes install the latest ios 5.0.1 and then use the new jailbreak software? I dont have experience in jailbraking an already jailbroken device so step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. I know people are probably very busy jailbraking their ipads now but if someone could respond/help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have an ipad2 that is jailbroken on os 4.3.3. I see the new jailbreak for ios5 is now available. My question is how to i upgrade an jailbroken ipad? Do i just have itunes install the latest ios 5.0.1 and then use the new jailbreak software? I dont have experience in jailbraking an already jailbroken device so step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. I know people are probably very busy jailbraking their ipads now but if someone could respond/help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The bolded text is exactly what you do.

Some people report having success with just connecting the jail broken iPad2 to iTunes and hitting the restore button. That's changed from the past. But, it may work for you.

If not, we normally encourage people to upgrade the firmware on an iPad after putting the iPad into DFU mode first. IOW, not relying on iTunes to do the job. If you wish to do this, please see this thread for the steps (saves me typing them out): http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Either way, yes, you must get to stock iOS 5.0.1 first. Then, you can use the new Absinthe tool to re-jailbreak.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions