What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 1st gen iPad w/ 4.3 iOS - can it be JB?

New2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a new iPad and when setting it up it upgraded to iOS 4.3. Is there a jailbrake for this? I also have a windows 7 64 bit laptop, so I will need an option that will work with this...

I have been on here for 15 hours since yesterday looking for this info... I may just be crazy but that is for a different forum....:D

I am new to all this but have some experience with rooting phones/tablets with that google OS... I know the actual name is probably a dirty word in here so I will refrain from using it... :eek:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a new iPad and when setting it up it upgraded to iOS 4.3. Is there a jailbrake for this? I also have a windows 7 64 bit laptop, so I will need an option that will work with this...

I have been on here for 15 hours since yesterday looking for this info... I may just be crazy but that is for a different forum....:D

I am new to all this but have some experience with rooting phones/tablets with that google OS... I know the actual name is probably a dirty word in here so I will refrain from using it... :eek:

There is a jailbreak solution for iOS 4.3 but, at present, it's only a tethered solution. I think the untethered 4.3 solution will be available very soon.

Tim
Scotland

OP
N

New2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is a jailbreak solution for iOS 4.3 but, at present, it's only a tethered solution. I think the untethered 4.3 solution will be available very soon.

Tim
Scotland
any idea how I can get that tethered version or where I should say...

derpudel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming from Android for my phone, and being quite familiar with rooting for those devices, and this being my first Apple purchase, can someone tell me what the advantages are for JB the ipad 2???

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming from Android for my phone, and being quite familiar with rooting for those devices, and this being my first Apple purchase, can someone tell me what the advantages are for JB the ipad 2???

well let's put it this way, if you ever felt like your android device was way more customisable than the ipad, then you should give jailbreak a shot. it allows you to tweak your ipad in many ways: visual task managers, lockscreen information, themes, easy access to important settings, true multitasking. the list is endless really =)

Most reactions