What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ are you serious?? It's Pod2g that discovered the exploit for the A4 devices, did a bunch of work on it and then passed it off to the Dev team to finish and package so that he could focus on the A5 JB. They said before that they will give no ETA because it doesn't do any good as issues tend to pop up now and then and they have to figure out a fix, it will be released when it's fully functional. You really shouldn't go around dissing the dev's especially the one who seems to have done a lot of the work.

Last edited:

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patience is difficult, but no other choice

Attachments

• timeisup.jpg
    timeisup.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 174

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dynax said:
No, they got money via donation not by people visiting the site.

What I am saying is that I wish, on average, each jail-breaker would donate $1 to the team. Since most people in the far east (China/India) won't be able to donate, we in the US should donate a little more. Last time, many people here said they donated $20.

I look at this similar to tipping for a good service. It's a way to show that we value their work and their time.

Ooo i got it !

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
I do not believe Apple regulates the jailbreak community, since the larger part of the iPad2 owners do not care about jailbreaking.
But this is another discussion which is a but off-topic here.

It is your belief, anyways this is off-topic from this tread & i will start a new one soon after jailbreak comes cause there r many questions in my mind arising day by day after this deep research,..

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apart from donations they earn money by the Ads on their web sites. The most visited these days is pod2g blog, that have increased ads quantity. From 6 days ago pod2g is doing nothing for JB, the one that works is mainly @pimskeks, what pod2g is doing by posting videos and pictures is to create a torrent of visits into his blog site. His news indicate NOTHING about JB release.
Wookiee2cu, I dont say pod2g hasnt do his job, but now he is doing NOTHING about the JB, he is not packaging. That make me think that with his blog leaks he is making money.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes one is 405 and the other is 406

@ fredycruger - with each successive post you sound more and more like a troll, and we don't tolerate trolls here. You are welcome to have a sense of humor and reflect that in your posts, but this community is founded on providing support and assistance to it's members. If you don't know the answer to a question, DON'T ANSWER! Certainly don't give a smartass response like this one. OK?
We have thousands of members who subscribe to this thread and receive notifications when a reply is posted. None of them want a notification when you post something like this! We look forward to only positive contributions from you in the future.

Is there a difference between 5.0.1. 9a405 and 9a406 via a vis jb ?

@ quinconces, yes there is, and you should probably use our sister forum iphoneforums.net, as this is iPhone4S related. However, I can give you some direction. If you have a future need to carrier unlock your iPhone4S then you should downgrade to 9a405 NOW (you can still install 9a405 as Apple is still signing it). MuscleNerd tweeted earlier that, although there is NO unlock at present, the baseband was updated on 9a406 and it is always advisable to have the oldest possible baseband when it comes to unlocking. Ideally, if you want an unlock, you should still be on 5.0. If you have a factory unlocked iPhone4S OR are happy with your contracted carrier or have no interest in unlocking, then you should go with 0a406. Please direct any further questions to iphoneforums.net. Thanks.

Hope that clarifies.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, gang, let's not derail this thread into a discussion on the motives of the jail breakers. This is a thread about jail breaking the iPad2.

In other words - back on topic please!

Thanks.

Marilyn

quinconces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
@ fredycruger - with each successive post you sound more and more like a troll, and we don't tolerate trolls here. You are welcome to have a sense of humor and reflect that in your posts, but this community is founded on providing support and assistance to it's members. If you don't know the answer to a question, DON'T ANSWER! Certainly don't give a smartass response like this one. OK?
We have thousands of members who subscribe to this thread and receive notifications when a reply is posted. None of them want a notification when you post something like this! We look forward to only positive contributions from you in the future.

@ quinconces, yes there is, and you should probably use our sister forum iphoneforums.net, as this is iPhone4S related. However, I can give you some direction. If you have a future need to carrier unlock your iPhone4S then you should downgrade to 9a405 NOW (you can still install 9a405 as Apple is still signing it). MuscleNerd tweeted earlier that, although there is NO unlock at present, the baseband was updated on 9a406 and it is always advisable to have the oldest possible baseband when it comes to unlocking. Ideally, if you want an unlock, you should still be on 5.0. If you have a factory unlocked iPhone4S OR are happy with your contracted carrier or have no interest in unlocking, then you should go with 0a406. Please direct any further questions to iphoneforums.net. Thanks.

Hope that clarifies.

Thank you for that . I was going to write a VERY rude response to the self styled fredycruger. However I do not wish to be reduced to a parliamentary discussion. My mild attempt at sarcasm obviously went above his head.

fredycruger

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you guys take everything so seriously

we are so sorry

Edited by Moderator ~ you are on very thin ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the jailbreak is out, do I have to be fast to jailbreak my ipad? Because its not easy cause of the time different...its wednesday night here in a sec... And it looks like (on some blogs) that the jailbreak comes today( wednesday)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts