What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jenningsville said:
Is that because Apple releasing 5.1 forces a rush of those people who've held on to 4.3.3 JB to upgrade very quickly to 5.0.1 within the short 5.0.1 signing window?

No. It's because once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed you only have one shot at maintaining a stable and working device once the JB is released. Any serious bug or user error (e.g. installing an incompatible package) may result in you having to restore and lose your 5.0.1 JB altogether. There will be no way to get it back as things stand today.
Also, there are always a percentage of folks who update to the latest OS "by accident", thus losing their chance too.

If the JB is released before the signing window is closed you have as many chances to restore and try again as you need until such time as Apple releases 5.1 and the 5.0.1 window closes.

The best scenario for iPad2 owners is the JB is released as early as possible and it then takes Apple a while to get 5.1 out to the public. The worst case is 5.1 is released before the jailbreak.

Last edited:

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i know all that matter as i deeply research it
Anyway thanks for reply but taking risk i just now updated my ipad 2 to ios 5.0.1
Thanks seriously

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i know all that matter as i deeply research it
Anyway thanks for reply but taking risk i just now updated my ipad 2 to ios 5.0.1
Thanks seriously
Since you were on 5.0 there was no risk in updating to 5.0.1 as there will only be a JB for 5.0.1 so you made the right choice. Now it's just a matter of waiting patiently; remember they will release it when they have the bugs worked out and everything is functioning properly. The good news is they have a handful of talented developers working on it, not just one person so it should be a solid JB.

sassyhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already updated my 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 last night 9pm. Still waiting for jailbreak. How long will jailbreak release??

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only the developers know, they are working on it and will release it when all the bugs are worked out. They will not give an ETA so there is no point in asking when it's going to be released. Anyone who states a day or time (other than the devs) is merely guessing and pulling it out of the air so just ignore it. All you an do is check the website from time to time, it will be posted in this thread as well as the home page.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can people please stop asking such questions? I've never seen a jailbreak with an eta. This question is getting annoying. I've had to unsubscribe from email notifications for this thread because of the many useless posts.

The team working on a the jailbreak will release it when ready, there's no use making an eta if it is ready please be patient there's no use asking a question that nobody knows the answer to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions