What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated all my a5 devices a few days ago, don't want to get caught with 5.0.2 getting released.

Patiently waiting...

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-updated.html
You should read that! All explained by f4780y. :)

We cannot use SHSH Blobs to up/downgrade on 5.0 or higher, but maybe we can in the future so it's a good idea to safe them!
Search for TinyUmbrella, download the program, connect your iPad2 to your PC and safe the blobs. :)

somewhat good info....but please know, before giving further info.

downgrading is possible with blobs(wifi only)....even with 3G iPads....

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/57345-news-new-version-redsn0w-0-9-9-many-new-features.html

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the first post with advice regarding "5.x Jailbreak Precautions" in light of Joshua Hill's announcement.

My recommendation to anyone with an iPad2 who is waiting for a 5.x jailbreak to update to 5.0.1 as soon as it becomes apparent that a new version of IOS is released by Apple and therefore that the signing window for 5.0.1 is about to be closed. If you are not currently jailbroken, you should update now. If you are currently on the 4.3.3 JB, monitor of a new release closely as you will likely have less than 24 hours to react if Apple follow the same pattern as they did with 5.0.1.

For info, both my iPad2 and iPhone4S are currently running 5.0.1 ;)

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
For info, both my iPad2 and iPhone4S are currently running 5.0.1 ;)
I can see it in your sig and that's what pushed me over tbh :)

Really do appreciate the great advice you provide on these forums

Dzulhafiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.neobux.com
Me & My Wife were planning on buying 2 units of iphone 4s black & white yesterday. So frustrated that it was Out of Stocked.
Base on the update that was posted by f4780y, right now i feel the failure chances for me on saving my IOS 5.0.1 blobs is higher if Apple stop signing that IOS Version.
Hope i can get my devices early enough to prepare it. Same thing happen with my Ipad2 before that was arrived a week earlier before IOS 4.3.4 launched.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I will break down and update my 4.3.3 JB iPad2 before it's too late. Just did my wife's iPad1, so getting anxious for both my A5 devices...

Too bad they don't have an update for the 5-row keyboard. Tried to load it on my wife's iPad1, and it doesn't work, since it's designed for 4.x :-( It worked fine on hers before, and is on mine now, but no dice on 5.0.x. That's a BIG loss for me. I can wait for SB settings, but 5-row and ScrollingBoard are big losses for me until pod2g makes us happy...

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Todd M said:
Too bad they don't have an update for the 5-row keyboard. Tried to load it on my wife's iPad1, and it doesn't work, since it's designed for 4.x :-( It worked fine on hers before, and is on mine now, but no dice on 5.0.x. That's a BIG loss for me. I can wait for SB settings, but 5-row and ScrollingBoard are big losses for me until pod2g makes us happy...

Seriously? This is the major reason I jailbroke...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Joshua Hill (@p0sixninja)
01-01-12 01:10
Everyone should upgrade their devices to 5.0.1 (except unlockers) now while they still have a chance!!!

What do you guys think?

OMG!! This makes it more exciting...this means a jb is near..guys save ur blobs before apple updates!! :)

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
newest update by Joshua Hill (@p0sixninja)

"Yes including A5 devices..."

for those who were confused :)......now this is great news!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newest update by Joshua Hill (@p0sixninja)

"Yes including A5 devices..."

for those who were confused :)......now this is great news!

That was meant for everyone, because Apple is getting ready to stop signing 5.0.1 for 5.0.2 or 5.1. Not because any JB is imminent for A5 devices...

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NOTE: noob question
We can't upgrade with blobs even if we have downloaded the firmware version straight from apple and we have the blobs 'saved' by tiny umbrella, can we?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beavery said:
NOTE: noob question
We can't upgrade with blobs even if we have downloaded the firmware version straight from apple and we have the blobs 'saved' by tiny umbrella, can we?

You can only upgrade to the latest version of iOS. So if you are on 4.3.3 now and you have the 5.0 SHSH Blobs saved, you cannot upgrade to 5.0, only to 5.0.1 which is the latest firmware.

glassheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated to 5.0.1 hoping to have it jailbroken.... Hmmmm while on 5.0 i saved blobs but it doesn't appear it did.... I cant see blobs for 5.0 how come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts