What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brrip said:
It's an eventuality though, just not something I'd suggest holding your breath for. I'm sticking to 4.3.3 till ios5 comes out. I need multifl0w too much

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by IPF Staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules

IPF does not advocate piracy here! Read the rules and be very careful.

Don't be a pirate. Stealing other's work and not paying is NOT okay!

Last edited by a moderator:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, this forum looks a lot nicer than the last time I was here!

I think I'm going to upgrade the OS tonight, even though I'd lose my JB. I never got the SNES emulator to work, I don't use any of the winterboard themes, and the only real Cydia app I use was the tweak to my spellchecker. iCloud & iMessage > Better autocorrect.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost one of my primary JB reasons to wait tonight when the World Series ended and I got to tell my iPad it was no longer living in England :p ok, some people will get why...

Anyhow, this is great news, he seemed to get that everyone needed some encouragement! Keeping in mind that these could be tethered solutions for all we know.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
guthrien said:
I lost one of my primary JB reasons to wait tonight when the World Series ended and I got to tell my iPad it was no longer living in England :p ok, some people will get why...

Anyhow, this is great news, he seemed to get that everyone needed some encouragement! Keeping in mind that these could be tethered solutions for all we know.

They can't possibly be tethered. There is no way to tethered boot an iPad2 today. Userland exploits result in untethered jailbreaks, and that is what he is working with. :)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
They can't possibly be tethered. There is no way to tethered boot an iPad2 today. Userland exploits result in untethered jailbreaks, and that is what he is working with. :)

I thought he dumped the bootrom?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not been confirmed anywhere I've seen and a dumped bootrom still doesn't mean you can tethered boot an iPad2.

glassheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
glassheart said:
IPF does not advocate piracy here! Read the rules and be very careful.

Don't be a pirate. Stealing other's work and not paying is NOT okay!

Sorry again waaaaahhh hope my membership is still ok

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering, now that iOS5.0.1 is coming out, should us iPad 2 owners do anything if we're looking to get the soonest jailbreak? Still on 4.3.3 but if Apple starts signing 5.0.1, we can't go to 5.0, but the jailbreak in the future might be for 5.0 and we can't save SHSH blobs either.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering, now that iOS5.0.1 is coming out, should us iPad 2 owners do anything if we're looking to get the soonest jailbreak? Still on 4.3.3 but if Apple starts signing 5.0.1, we can't go to 5.0, but the jailbreak in the future might be for 5.0 and we can't save SHSH blobs either.

Yes, your're right of course. I'll work on an update to the first post soon... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions