What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazeline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great advice, f4780y!

I was actually thinking about upgrading to IOS5 and staying there until an official JB released for IOS5. The only little concern that I may have is whether moving to IOS5 is worthwhile 'cause I know it just came out recently and I always intend to stay behind of the new SW/FW updates a bit just in case major problems or bugs found later.

But I know this is a totally different topic from this thread and I know there has been a hell load of discussions/reviews on IOS5 in the forum. I'll simply look through those threads and make my decision then.

Thanks again for the professional advise.
Hazeline

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Everyone obviously wants jailbroken iOS 5 on their iPad 2's.
What's the smartest thing to do, wait for a jailbreak and ungrade by than (with the risk that the exploit might be patched and you're too late). Or upgrade now and wait for the jailbreak to come?

I am currently an iPad 2 4.3.3 jailbroken with my blobs saved. Is is best to upgrade to the current 5.0 and save my blobs and revert back to 4.3.3 and wait for an ios5 jailbreak? I'm just worried the masterminds that do the jailbreaking will get it done and then apple will stop signing said version. Am I way off here or does this make sense?

Thank you!

hazeline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead upgrade my iPad2 to IOS5 today. I start experiencing new IOS5 now. After upgrading, I tried to use Tiny Umbrella to save .shsh file and it failed. I somehow read somewhere that SHSH structure in IOS5 is different from the older 4.x.x versions. Does anyone know what I need to do so save necessary whatever files for later JB and possible restore?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saving blobs is no longer something that can be done with iOS5 (and most likely from here on out). Apple has changed the way they "sign" firmware and so now - blob saving as we know it will not work.

I don't know if the jail breaking community is going to be able to work around this. All I know is that there is no more saving of blobs.

Marilyn

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
glassheart said:
losing little hope but still praying for ios 5 jailbreak on ipad 2 3g T_T

It's an eventuality though, just not something I'd suggest holding your breath for. I'm sticking to 4.3.3 till ios5 comes out. I need multifl0w too much

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the first post with a warning to iPad2 3G owners not to use saved blobs to help them restore. Now that Apple has stopped signing the 4.3.5 firmware and its associated baseband, any attempt to use saved blobs to restore a 3G iPad2 back to 4.3.3 will fail resulting in a recovery loop which can only be exited by installing the latest 5.0 firmware, thus losing the ability to jailbreak for the time being.

You have been warned! :)

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really need this to release, my 4.3.3 is running like a dog and in need of a tuneup. Plus more than a few of my apps have decent updates I'm ineligible for. Sure hope things are moving forward.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Straight from MuscleNerd, iPhone 4S

434803720.png
434803862.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts