What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
seamus517 said:
Great to know...thanks.

Should I patch the exploit?

IMHO there is no point, but it has already taken you longer to post that question and read this answer than it would for you to have patched it from Cydia. Go figure.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
shakur4200 said:
Guys, try the new green poison jailbreak for 4.3.5...it works for my iPad 2 3G

There is no such jailbreak.

Take this as fair warning, we take a very dim view of posts on this site which are not factual or posted with the best of intentions.

seamus517

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time I've got...it was more of a should I. I didn't want to do something if it was irreversible, and I needed that exploit later.

IMHO there is no point, but it has already taken you longer to post that question and read this answer than it would for you to have patched it from Cydia. Go figure.

nesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no such jailbreak.

Take this as fair warning, we take a very dim view of posts on this site which are not factual or posted with the best of intentions.

Its true....My friend tried the green poison and damm..his ipad is dead now..He cant even restore to 4.3.5

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone obviously wants jailbroken iOS 5 on their iPad 2's.
What's the smartest thing to do, wait for a jailbreak and ungrade by than (with the risk that the exploit might be patched and you're too late). Or upgrade now and wait for the jailbreak to come?

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone obviously wants jailbroken iOS 5 on their iPad 2's.
What's the smartest thing to do, wait for a jailbreak and ungrade by than (with the risk that the exploit might be patched and you're too late). Or upgrade now and wait for the jailbreak to come?

I'm going to upgrade now. I'm still on 4.3 with no way to up grade to 4.3.3... and I seriously doubt there will ever be a JB for 4.3 now. Also... iOS 5 offers many of the features I wanted it jailbroken for in the first place. And if a JB for iOS 5 is released I can grab it before it's patched. If it's never released I'll sell it and buy the 4S. :)

liable

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but what exactly goes into finding and utilizing an exploit to jailbreak the ipad2 what makes it so different from other devices, by no means am i asking when or if we will be able to jailbreak im just wondering how it is done>>

Philantrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but what exactly goes into finding and utilizing an exploit to jailbreak the ipad2 what makes it so different from other devices, by no means am i asking when or if we will be able to jailbreak im just wondering how it is done>>

Stefan "i0n1c" Esser did a presentation for the BlackHat conference which explains that pretty well (sorry for not being able to post a real link. This site obviously thinks it's a good idea to make people jump through hoops for posting...):

media.blackhat.com/bh-us-11/Esser/BH_US_11_Esser_Exploiting_The_iOS_Kernel_Slides.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts