What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ilikeapps
What should I do to be ready for the official jailbreak? New to jail breaking so if someone can tell me or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Currently have iPad 2 wifi running on 4.3.1 do I need to save something or use tiny umbrella? Really not tech savvy so need baby steps.
Thanks
SEARCH much? First BABY step.. use the search function.. this forum has loads of info than you can imagine!

Sent from my JAILBROKEN IPAD2 WIFI ONLY MODEL (3.40)

Yea thanks search for what? Should I write this in the search you thinks something will come up? "what should I do first if I'm new to jail breaking"
I asked a simple question if you have nothing useful to say don't say anything...

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by engelke2011

If you don't already have Tiny Umbrella downloaded, do so and save the SHSHs for 4.3.3. Even though you are currently on 4.3.1, you can only save SHSHs for whatever firmware Apple is signing, which currently is 4.3.3.
Thank you for the info will do that now.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ilikeapps
What should I do to be ready for the official jailbreak? New to jail breaking so if someone can tell me or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Currently have iPad 2 wifi running on 4.3.1 do I need to save something or use tiny umbrella? Really not tech savvy so need baby steps.
Thanks
SEARCH much? First BABY step.. use the search function.. this forum has loads of info than you can imagine!

Yea thanks search for what? Should I write this in the search you thinks something will come up? "what should I do first if I'm new to jail breaking"
I asked a simple question if you have nothing useful to say don't say anything...

Serious? You don't know how to use the search function (top right tab)? I joined this forum later than u did, yet I gleaned all my info about not updating my firmware etc from the useful stickys the mods created.. And now thanks to them I'm JAILBROKEN!

You want to prepare for the jailbreak? Simple answer: the SEARCH tab is ur FRIEND...we want to hear any news when the jailbreak is released, not 'can someone hold my hand...etc,

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
Serious? You don't know how to use the search function (top right tab)? I joined this forum later than u did, yet I gleaned all my info about not updating my firmware etc from the useful stickys the mods created.. And now thanks to them I'm JAILBROKEN!

You want to prepare for the jailbreak? Simple answer: the SEARCH tab is ur FRIEND...we want to hear any news when the jailbreak is released, not 'can someone hold my hand...etc,

Blah blah....
People like engelke2011 are helpful you just want to show everyone how smart you are on a message board.
Anyway don't want to waste anyone's time especially yours so if you can say something useful or put a link thank you. Like I said before I am new to this whole thing and have been searching already took one persons advise and did it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@ AwesomeNoob and @Ilikeapps

Both of you need to lighten up and have some respect for each other. This back-and-forth sniping is uncalled for and unnecessary.

As a reminder, please take a look at the forum rules (#3 especially).

If you have an issue with another member, either report it to the moderators, or take it to PM.

Consider this a warning to the both of you.

Marilyn

Ilikeapps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
@ AwesomeNoob and @Ilikeapps

Both of you need to lighten up and have some respect for each other. This back-and-forth sniping is uncalled for and unnecessary.

As a reminder, please take a look at the forum rules (#3 especially).

If you have an issue with another member, either report it to the moderators, or take it to PM.

Consider this a warning to the both of you.

Marilyn

I have no problem just asked for help with jail breaking an iPad 2 if this is not the right thread than please point me in the right direction. Since there is no official jail break yet I figured I could ask in this thread. Since this is a chat thread.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no problem just asked for help with jail breaking an iPad 2 if this is not the right thread than please point me in the right direction. Since there is no official jail break yet I figured I could ask in this thread. Since this is a chat thread.

Yes, this is a chat thread about the iPad2 jailbreak, but it's a thread about the agonizing wait members are experiencing while they wait for a jailbreak to be released. A fine distinction, yes, but it's there nonetheless.

We have many stickies in this Hacking sub-forum, most written very excellently by moderator f4780y, that outline steps to jailbreak an iPad, upgrade a jailbroken iPad, understand SHSH blobs, etc. They are all "stuck" to the top of the sub-forum so that new[er] members can review them and learn how to jailbreak an iPad.

If you have a question about jailbreaking after you've read those stickies, either ask - in the sticky thread - for clarification or PM a moderator for assistance. The members here have a lot of knowledge and experience in jailbreaking and I'm sure most can/will easily answer any questions you have concerning jailbreak - as long as they are asked in the correct thread.

So, all that said, to get assistance in jailbreaking your iPad (or getting it ready to jailbreak), please see the stickies. They really are helpful (I've used them myself).

Now, back to the discussion on when we are going to see that jailbreak!

Marilyn

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw someone say he lives in the eastern timezone but I dont know if thats actually true.

However, wouldn't it probably be out by now if it were coming today? Seems like another bust.

I wish hed say something on his twitter so we know its 100% official, I dont need an exact release date.. but ya know.. 2 weeks ago it wouldn't have been that hard to simply say Im getting there but it will still be a while. He doesn't owe people anything, but its not exactly difficult to do heh. If its likely to be at least another week thats fine but it would just be nice to know.

Id try the russian thing if anyone outside of that site said it worked, but all Ive seen is people say it doesn't work. Oh well.

Kev2live

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoevers on 4.0 and is using the jailbreak right not is about to encounter a problem. If your on 4.0 by using your saved blobs and have 4.3.3 saved already is good. But if your on 4.3 without blobs you either have the choice to update soon before apple releases 4.3.4 So you can save the 4.3.3 blobs for comex's jailbreak.

This all only matters on when comex reveals his jailbreak and when apple releases the new patch.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreakme.com has changed to "we'll be back soon".

Get ready?

Yeah someone on twitter just told me about that..now I dont go on jailbreakme.com on my iPad so I have no clue what it normally looks like but is this something new or has this always been up?? If this is something that is always up please don't flame me for bringing it up LOL

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No this is brand new, its been on a teaser for a couple weeks. Between this and all the release rumors Im hoping it will be launched tonight when it returns.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW now the whole site says that..and notice how its the same post-it note that Apple uses..I hope its on its way!!! It would suck if this was just some site update and nothing to do with the jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts