What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so what would happen if i was just to restore it in itunes with the 4.3.0 ipsw?

without 4.3 SHSH blob? Itunes will ask its server for authentication for 4.3 and it will deny it. you in turn will get an error message.

with SHSH blobs your computer will ask itself and get permission.

Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because 4.3.0 is no longer signed that's what the blobs are for. Since you don't have the blobs then you can't do it. And the pdf file only works for 4.3 and your on 4.3.3 so it won't do you any good. You have to wait like the rest of us for comex to release the finalized JB.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
runisco said:
without 4.3 SHSH blob? Itunes will ask its server for authentication for 4.3 and it will deny it. you in turn will get an error message.

with SHSH blobs your computer will ask itself and get permission.

That was a simple and great answer..

Thanks!

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really wish Musclenerd would come here and clear things up..heard so many rumors today don't know what to believe anymore..heard there was NEVER a jailbreak, that they made the whole thing up to get publicity on themselves and just when the jig was almost up, these "Leakers" appear, that it was all coordinated..when I hear stuff like that it worries me because I don't know what to think..that they can only jailbreak 4.3 and thats it..that this jailbreak was NEVER intended for 4.3.3 because they can't jailbreak it..damn I just don't know what to think anymore..I have this iPad sitting here and I would love for it to be jailbroken..just wish one of these guys would just say straight up what the heck is going on

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:
is anyone gonna answer the question? i have my ipad2 on 4.3.3, i have the shsh blobs for 4.3.3, i have the 4.3.0 ipsw file and i have the jailbreak pdf file. can i downgrade the ipad from 4.3.3 to 4.3.0 and jailbreak it with the pdf file?

NO

Sent from my Nexus One using iPad Forums App

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it with no jailbreak and used it for months without one, so if there was never one, that would be okay also..

I was fortunate enough to get in on the early team of folks who caught the jailbreak out there and took the leap of faith and it worked.. Am I happy, yes!

I hope Comex continues his tireless work to bring one to those of you who weren't able to get it, for whatever reaon.. 

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't able to read all posts. I know that the 4.3 JB was leaked.
Can anyone tell me the most important things that happend today/yesterday?
And are there signs that the JB will be released soon?

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I am giving up. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Here is a post that the leaker made a little while ago on Mac Rumors:

"Originally Posted by MultiMediaWill
Not ashamed. I realized that most of the people that were made were the people who couldnt jailbreak. Everyone on 4.3.0 seemed to love me. I don't feel bad cause I'm jailbroken and that's all I wanted. Sucks to be you and upgraded ur iPad."

He can't even fathom that not everyone upgraded. I exchanged mine because of the light bleed and it came with 4.3.3 and it's not a WiFi only.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
I wasn't able to read all posts. I know that the 4.3 JB was leaked.
Can anyone tell me the most important things that happend today/yesterday?
And are there signs that the JB will be released soon?

Short answer.. Nothing that gets you closer to a jailbreak.. In my opinion, just more rumor and speculation..

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I am giving up. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Here is a post that the leaker made a little while ago on Mac Rumors:

Not ashamed. I realized that most of the people that were made were the people who couldnt jailbreak. Everyone on 4.3.0 seemed to love me. I don't feel bad cause I'm jailbroken and that's all I wanted. Sucks to be you and upgraded ur iPad."

He can't even fathom that not everyone upgraded. I exchanged mine because of the light bleed and it came with 4.3.3 and it's not a WiFi only.

That guy is the ultimate meanie(there I changed it LOL)..but I dont think he was working alone..something doesn't add up that all of a sudden he decided to do this, the day after Comex tweeted about how no one has seen it yet the next day this douche bag releases it..something doesn't pass the smell test here

Last edited:

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:

Are we sure that this post was really made by the leaker?

It's just that nothing, up til now, has been truthful..

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:

Are we sure that this post was really made by the leaker?

It's just that nothing, up til now, has been truthful..

Yes its being made by him..he also posted this now

MultiMediaWill The only person I feel bad for is Comex because I ruined his "grand release." If Comex truly had a jb for 4.3.1 and above it would be out by now. I suggest you all reconsider what you believe Comex has.

So basically he is accusing Comex of being a liar and never having a jailbreak for the above firmware

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ultimately, Comex can either show his hand and prove the leaker wrong by releasing the bigger badder jailbreak which works for all iOS versions and be the hero, OR, cry foul then take his toys and go home.. After allegedly working tirelessly for MONTHS...

Which do y'all really believe he'll do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts