What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:
can i downgrade ipad2 from 4.3.3 to 4.3.0 and use pdf file that was leaked to jailbreak?

Only if you've already save 4.3 blobs..

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:
can i downgrade my ipad2 from 4.3.3 to 4.3 and use the pdf file that was leaked to jailbreak mine?

Search button? Sticked topics? No?
Ok...

You can dowgrade now only if you are on a wifi only ipad and saved youre 4.3 blobs.

Sent from my Nexus One using iPad Forums App

i have that pdf file and i have my blobs? blobs = shsh 4.3.3? using tiny umbrella and using just a wifi ipad

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:
i have that pdf file and i have my blobs? blobs = shsh 4.3.3? using tiny umbrella and using just a wifi ipad

I honestly don't think it will work with 4.3.3, but maybe someone here has had luck.

ashtemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no offence but i'm sticking to 4.3 till comex tells me to move. the leak only had a 4.3 jailbreak, so the final is likely to support at least that. whether or not it will support 4.3.3 on release is not a fact as of yet.

Ok thanks, that makes more sense to me. On the shsh post in point 15 it says I can't downgrade if 3G and not sure why upgrading is an advantage, I've read the posts and almost 200 pages here...

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:

I honestly don't think it will work with 4.3.3, but maybe someone here has had luck.

so i have to have my 4.3.0 blobs and the pdf file to downgrade and jailbreak from 4.3.3 to 4.3.0?

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:

Comex said repeatedly that the jailbreak was for 4.3.1-4.3.3 even Musclenerd confirmed that

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:

Comex said repeatedly that the jailbreak was for 4.3.1-4.3.3 even Musclenerd confirmed that

well it didnt work on my 4.3.3 and i tried like 20mins - 2 hours after it got leaked, would just close safari and no cydia icon

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even so, there weren't any major changes from 4.3 to 4.3.3, so even if I'm stuck on 4.3 till the next jailbreak comes out, I don't see the big loss.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

well it didnt work on my 4.3.3 and i tried like 20mins - 2 hours after it got leaked, would just close safari and no cydia icon

Maybe because the entire jailbreak has HUGE bugs in them and wasn't meant to be released yesterday..either that or some shady stuff is going on..he and Musclenerd specifically said it was for 4.3.1-4.3.3..Comex I don't know but Musclenerd has a long standing in the jailbreak community I don't see him coming here and lying about something like that

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:

so i have to have my 4.3.0 blobs and the pdf file to downgrade and jailbreak from 4.3.3 to 4.3.0?

In order to downgrade you have to have shsh blobs saved for the firmware you want to downgrade to. Example, I have 4.3 on my iPad but it didn't occur to me to save the blobs. By the time I did the latest firmware Apple was signing was 4.3.1. So the lowest firmware I will ever be able to downgrade to is 4.3.1. I do not believe other peoples blobs will work with your device either, pretty sure I read they are specific to each device. For me the firmware updates are not that big of a deal as I have a 64GB wifi only model. 4.3.1 patched the exploit in 4.3, 4.3.2 fixed issues with Verizon 3G models and 4.3.3 got rid of the location cache file.

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is anyone gonna answer the question? i have my ipad2 on 4.3.3, i have the shsh blobs for 4.3.3, i have the 4.3.0 ipsw file and i have the jailbreak pdf file. can i downgrade the ipad from 4.3.3 to 4.3.0 and jailbreak it with the pdf file?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's because the JB that got leaked was an early beta and only worked on 4.3 wifi models only.

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score

In order to downgrade you have to have shsh blobs saved for the firmware you want to downgrade to. Example, I have 4.3 on my iPad but it didn't occur to me to save the blobs. By the time I did the latest firmware Apple was signing was 4.3.1. So the lowest firmware I will ever be able to downgrade to is 4.3.1. I do not believe other peoples blobs will work with your device either, pretty sure I read they are specific to each device. For me the firmware updates are not that big of a deal as I have a 64GB wifi only model. 4.3.1 patched the exploit in 4.3, 4.3.2 fixed issues with Verizon 3G models and 4.3.3 got rid of the location cache file.

ok thanks alot and has anyone tried using someone else's shsh blobs?

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Has anyone reported success with anything other than 4.3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts