What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Crossing fingers that its released tomorrow. Monday can be Funday. I dont know what bootstrap means but I Guess it means hes in the final stage of the jailbreak? Anyone care to explain what the heck bootstrap means

Apparently, last time comex asked for a bootstrap, saurik did the job within 24 hours.

kanyewesttx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Visit jailbrea.kr if u want to find out how and if it's possible to jailbreak ur iOS machine at the time.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Crossing fingers that its released tomorrow. Monday can be Funday. I dont know what bootstrap means but I Guess it means hes in the final stage of the jailbreak? Anyone care to explain what the heck bootstrap means

Apparently, last time comex asked for a bootstrap, saurik did the job within 24 hours.

Oh I see..so its not comex who gets the bootstrap, he gets it from someone else..and this thing is necessary to do what..put the jailbreak online? Kinda confused as to what it does, and once this bootstrap is given the jailbreak is then released??

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Oh I see..so its not comex who gets the bootstrap, he gets it from someone else..and this thing is necessary to do what..put the jailbreak online? Kinda confused as to what it does, and once this bootstrap is given the jailbreak is then released??

No...saurik is the one who own cydia..it's related to get cydia to work on the ipad 2

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

No...saurik is the one who own cydia..it's related to get cydia to work on the ipad 2

Oh LOL..my bad..Ok I feel silly now..I use Cydia all the time on my iPod Touch and have no clue who created it..thanks for the info :)

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Oh LOL..my bad..Ok I feel silly now..I use Cydia all the time on my iPod Touch and have no clue who created it..thanks for the info :)

No prob!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know why the Official iPad 2 JB Chat thread is closed?

No idea why it was closed, however I have re-opened and merged the new thread in here.

As frustrating as it is to moderate, I want to keep all you scamps in one place until the JB is released :D

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No idea why it was closed, however I have re-opened and merged the new thread in here.

As frustrating as it is to moderate, I want to keep all you scamps in one place until the JB is released :D

Haha, I'm not that bad... Others I can't say... LOL. :D

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chai ipad said:
someone is on vacation and you want proof? wow true or not let him be.

Everthing that here been said about the JB or comex need te be proved with a link too the source n.n

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tanakmonitor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
from chpwn

@chpwn
To all the people asking when things would be released: I'd tell you, but I honestly have no clue. I try not to hide stuff from you guys.

4 min ago

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is being said it will come out in 24 hrs from now...haven't we heard it before? But this time reliable source @vee

Sent from my iPad using iPF

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I visit this thread on occasion and always with two questions. Is there a jailbreak yet? If there isn't a jailbreak for the iPad 2 then how much longer might it take?

Usually what I find are a bunch of people who are angry with other people because they are believing a lie about a rumor of a jailbreak.

I think that I am almost as impatient as the next person. I wanted to see a jailbreak last month or the month before.

I will add my two cents though.

This very difficult hurdle of jail breaking the iPad 2, when achieved might even make it to some of the major tv networks. A lot of news media will want to talk about the jailbreak because it is a good lead-in for them to speculate about the release date for the upcoming iPad 3. Even the media news outlets speculate about rumors.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could anybody with jb knowledge explain what is "bootstrapping"? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions