What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
someone asked comex if the jailbreak will be avaiable before he take his plane on wednesday...comex relied: Hopefully

Thanks!
Well.. that "hopefully" isn't very reliable I assume. Anyway.. let's keep fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didnt we already know it that it would be something like this...we have been eating popcorn for the past 3 months and i thought our celebration or whatever it was for a sunday release was just premature...at the back of our minds we all knew we will have to stock up on more popcorns :p

Hilarious. Good post and funny as hell!

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those who have kept track. I believe Comex once said that the JB is in the realm of "weeks" away. that was said at the beginning of June.

The max amount of weeks you can mention is 3 weeks (4 is a month) and three weeks from beginning of June ends this Wednesday. So all signs atm points at max one week until release

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
4.3.1 was to patch the exploit, 4.3.2 mainly dealt with verizon 3G wifi issues and 4.3.3 was to stop keeping location information.

Nice info. I am still undecided whether or not i would like to jailbreak my iPad 2, when & if this exploit is EVER released. I have a jail broken iPhone 4 and use the MyWi Feature plenty to tether my internet connection to my iPad, even thought I have the 3G version. What are your reasons behind jail breaking? besides the obvious... Theme's, Music, Games, Free Apps. What under the hood style stuff do you do via cydia.

Yes - let's be clear. Free, legal apps - good. Free, cracked apps - is stealing and discussion will not be tolerated.

Tim

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
runisco said:
To those who have kept track. I believe Comex once said that the JB is in the realm of "weeks" away. that was said at the beginning of June.

The max amount of weeks you can mention is 3 weeks (4 is a month) and three weeks from beginning of June ends this Wednesday. So all signs atm points at max one week until release

I use the expression weeks all the time, but at least for a period of less than 2 months. How else would you describe it if something will last 7 weeks? Sorry, but just because someone said weeks it does not mean less than a month.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still undecided whether or not i would like to jailbreak my iPad 2, when & if this exploit is EVER released. I have a jail broken iPhone 4 and use the MyWi Feature plenty to tether my internet connection to my iPad, even thought I have the 3G version. What are your reasons behind jail breaking?

Wrong thread. There are quite a few re this topic. Focus and stay on topic.

Free Apps. .

Are you serious right now? :mad:

51 posts and you don't know the rules??

Last edited:

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all these theories about 'weeks' and 'sunday is fun day' etc. is it the case that the devs do actually have a roll out / release plan? Or is it just something that goes 'click' and ta-da the missing piece is revealed and the JB has arrived?

I'm not overly clear of the staged processes required.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skinnytjj said:
You Guys post here when the JB is there??
Yes this thread will be flooding with news when the jb is ready...

Also check out: Official iPad2 Jailbreak News Thread (don't know how to link to threads using IPF app sorry)

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRager said:
Yes this thread will be flooding with news when the jb is ready...

Also check out Official iPad2 Jailbreak News Thread

Okay thx n.n

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y should update that thread to include the news about iPad 2 jailbreak from comex supports 3Gs onward from 4.2.1 - 4.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts