What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a thought. If you was one of the few who has the ability to jailbreak these devices, would it not make sense to anonymously display the jailbreak to apple first in the hope to obtain a massive lump sum of cash to allow apple to patch the vulnerability?

Talk about casting a negative light on it all hehe, but dev or not, I'd love to be millionaire overnight for my talents :eek:)

Don't they call that blackmail? :)

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be that he is a user here, and simply wants to see how much activity he can generate? I'm which case I am just adding fuel, too.....

iWant my iCloud

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cbrandsk said:
Here is a thought. If you was one of the few who has the ability to jailbreak these devices, would it not make sense to anonymously display the jailbreak to apple first in the hope to obtain a massive lump sum of cash to allow apple to patch the vulnerability?

Talk about casting a negative light on it all hehe, but dev or not, I'd love to be millionaire overnight for my talents :eek:)

I've talked about this as well. Keeping a jailbreak from being released on their flagship product is probably worth tens of millions to them, if not hundreds. The comex leak is what made me think of it.

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:
I hope I'm not bothering you guys with my posts.....anyways....just checked http://www.jailbreakme.com and there is a change there, I'll stop talking and leave it to you

I wonder if this is just a picture he thought was funny and he posted it to mess with people. Or..is it something he put up while he's getting ready for a major "update" to his site???

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:
I hope I'm not bothering you guys with my posts.....anyways....just checked http://www.jailbreakme.com and there is a change there, I'll stop talking and leave it to you

I wonder if this is just a picture he thought was funny and he posted it to mess with people. Or..is it something he put up while he's getting ready for a major "update" to his site???

no clues in the source code either :(

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:
I hope I'm not bothering you guys with my posts.....anyways....just checked jailbreakme and there is a change there, I'll stop talking and leave it to you

Hey guys new user here nice to meet you all. I've been following this thread and the previous one closely and just had to join to inform you on that ^.

He tweeted this a while ago

"Did anyone notice my little teaser? ;("

He just tweeted this

"(the teaser is at jailbreakme)"
"(but I just totally ruined the fun of it)"

Could be something good who knows

EDIT: darn beat me to it lol

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:

Someone just asked him about it and he sent them a link to check out wikipedia about Alpine Skiing

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:
I hope I'm not bothering you guys with my posts.....anyways....just checked jailbreakme and there is a change there, I'll stop talking and leave it to you

Hey guys new user here nice to meet you all. I've been following this thread and the previous one closely and just had to join to inform you on that ^.

He tweeted this a while ago

"Did anyone notice my little teaser? ;("

He just tweeted this

"(the teaser is at jailbreakme)"
"(but I just totally ruined the fun of it)"

Could be something good who knows

EDIT: darn beat me to it lol

This better have something to do with that darn iPad 2 jailbreak LOL my iPad was just shipped today..it would be AWESOME to have this ccompleted by the time I receive it

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has something to do with PDF exploit ;)

Which means what..iPad 2 jailbreak? or does this have something to do with IOS 5..I would be annoyed if this had something to do with IOS 5 because it would mean he has no interest in jailbreaking the iPad 2 now :(

Last edited by a moderator:

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And some bad news :( :-

iPad 2 Jailbreak Might Not be Released Till This Fall

iPad-2-Jailbreak1-450x294.jpg

We have been waiting for iPad 2 jailbreak for so long now, there have been hopes and hopes and many ‘coming soon’ news but it seems like the jailbreak is taking ages. We waited so hard that scams started exploiting us. Remember fake iPad 2 jailbreaks and a scam? If hackers had released it some time ago, it had been all good for them as well as the users but now the situation seems to have become much complicated. iOS 5 beta is already out and Apple has not yet fixed the known jailbreak exploit by @i0n1c which made it possible to jailbreak three successive releases of iOS - 4.3.1 up to 4.3.3. If Apple does fix the exploit in some iOS 5 beta, the jailbreak for iPad 2 will be released soon after that as hackers would know that the exploit had been fixed and releasing the jailbreak won’t mean losing an exploit. If on the other hand, Apple chooses not to fix the exploit till the final iOS 5 release, hackers would keep on holding the jailbreak in a hope that it is not fixed in final iOS 5 release, making the jailbreak compatible with iOS 5 as well. I know all this is a little confusing but @i0n1c summarized it best in under 140 charecters:
“Unless Apple fixes a known but not yet used kernel exploit in iOS 5.x betas I don’t think there will be an iPad 2 jb before iOS 5.0 final”
The bad news is that Apple usually does not fix such exploits in the betas in order to keep pushing the jailbreak community back. May be, we are in a little too bad situation. Seems like it is the best idea to sit back and relax till fall when iOS 5 is released. But well, if the jailbreak is released before that, you won’t miss it...

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And some bad news :( :-

Which is kinda ridiculous if they do that, if 4.3.3 was and all other firmwares before that(besiides 4.3) were already patched in the iPad 2..what makes anyone think that IOS 5 will be any different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts