What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkshake28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Oh the irony of the search button! :D

Why the use of the search button when you have nice people with a lot of knowledge that are willing to help? ;)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Oh the irony of the search button! :D

Why the use of the search button when you have nice people with a lot of knowledge that are willing to help? ;)

Because that is what it is there for. How many posts could have been avoided if you had used it?

There are a lot of reasons to use the search button. But you know that already. ;)

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the reason no regular updates are out is because comex explicitly said that he suspected a leak that led to the 4.3.1 patch. So, it's probably all being kept under wraps to prevent any such thing being repeated.

OR the other side of the coin is

They simply have nothing and are still looking for further exploits.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We all would love updates but the devs have assured us they are working on the jb so let's be patient.

I'm actually considering iOS 5 over jb although iOS 5 plus jb will be the cherry on the cake

milkshake28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I'm only adding posts but no positive contribution to this forum, I'm gonna add something might be useful :)

A guy called TheUnd3rgr0und on twitter claims that he is new to the jailbreaking scene and a tethered iPad 2 jailbreak will be available on Monday...check him out on twitter

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:
Since I'm only adding posts but no positive contribution to this forum, I'm gonna add something might be useful :)

A guy called TheUnd3rgr0und on twitter claims that he is new to the jailbreaking scene and a tethered iPad 2 jailbreak will be available on Monday...check him out on twitter

Probably just another attentionseeker... But who knows.. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:

Oh right. He just succesfully jailbroke iOS 5, started working on a iPad 2 jailbreak today and it will be done by Monday.
I think he used to attend Hogwarts.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
milkshake28 said:

Oh right. He just succesfully jailbroke iOS 5, started working on a iPad 2 jailbreak today and it will be done by Monday.
I think he used to attend Hogwarts.

he "jailbroke" iOS 5, anyone can do that with redsn0w.
at least he said it will be finished by tomorrow, then we know FOR SURE he is fake. not that there is any possibility that he is real.

cbrandsk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a thought. If you was one of the few who has the ability to jailbreak these devices, would it not make sense to anonymously display the jailbreak to apple first in the hope to obtain a massive lump sum of cash to allow apple to patch the vulnerability?

Talk about casting a negative light on it all hehe, but dev or not, I'd love to be millionaire overnight for my talents :eek:)

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a thought. If you was one of the few who has the ability to jailbreak these devices, would it not make sense to anonymously display the jailbreak to apple first in the hope to obtain a massive lump sum of cash to allow apple to patch the vulnerability?

Talk about casting a negative light on it all hehe, but dev or not, I'd love to be millionaire overnight for my talents :eek:)

you know that's not the reason why hackers become hackers. if they wanted to do that, they wouldve first started out working for apple in the first place.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
he "jailbroke" iOS 5, anyone can do that with redsn0w.
at least he said it will be finished by tomorrow, then we know FOR SURE he is fake. not that there is any possibility that he is real.

Have to agree. There are too many components to a jailbreak for an unknown dev just to pop out of nowhere and deliver. He would need too much support to get it all together in a package and tested... He just wants to see how many followers he will get over a weekend!

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Have to agree. There are too many components to a jailbreak for an unknown dev just to pop out of nowhere and deliver. He would need too much support to get it all together in a package and tested... He just wants to see how many followers he will get over a weekend!

Well, I still believe in the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty'

Rather than speculate even more (and possible unnecessarily) why not just wait and see?

iWant my iCloud

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I still believe in the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty'

Rather than speculate even more (and possible unnecessarily) why not just wait and see?

I guess years of jailbreaking has made me cynical :)

PS - I predict a delay to his jailbreak release will be announced in the near future. Due to "stability" problems, probably :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts