What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jailbeak on tha way!!

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, of course 4.2 wont let you download installous lol. as for the question of when, I would not be surprised if they released the jailbreak this coming week or next.

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, of course 4.2 wont let you download installous lol. as for the question of when, I would not be surprised if they released the jailbreak this coming week or next.

Do you mind me asking what makes you say that?

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I follow many members of the dev team on Twitter and all indications are that there will either be a release or an update to the SHAtter jailbreak soonish. I mean I dont have any in-depth knowledge of the jailbreak but just from what i have read on twitter.

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I follow many members of the dev team on Twitter and all indications are

I hope you are right. I'm having my doubts about this JB. The info I get from Twitter is not positive. Team members are leaving, including the exploit finder .

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If what the dev team says is true, then you will be able to jb 4.2 when the time comes. However from what I've seen about the 4.2 beta, there won't be much need to jb.

lol so will 4.2 allow me to install installous ?

NOT...

Jailbreak and Installous are two seperate things.
Jailbreak your devise Is NOT an illegal thing, It´s main purpose are letting users install unsigned apps, and yes Installous gets available for a jailbroken device but using Installous Is not so verry much legal.

"there won't be much need to jb", there are so many great unsigned apps that not can be compared with an signed app and offcourse on the other way aswell.
And JB allow u to use iPad features that the giant fruit don´t whan´t u to do becuase on various reasons.
And there are also many great signed apps, them both together gives ME a wider range and veiw over the iPads capabilitys & features.

There are so many questions "how can i move that? how can i free upp memorey, how can i transfer, how can i make iPad to a hotspot etc, and there are many apple answers to these questions, but more JB answers.

Last edited:

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only said that because one of the biggest reasons that I wanna jailbreak right now is so I can use backgrounder and categories.

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is SB settings able to play on the iPad without crashing since it had happened to me in the past when i had version 3.2.1 and i had to restore:( If so can someone please upload the link of the respritory so i can load it to cydia.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have gone back to 3.2 from 4.2.

Using SBsettings without any problems, the only thing with SBsettings Is that It drains the battery a bit becuase It runs constant in the background.

U shouldn´t need to add any respritory/source, It should be there If u search.

But here It is:

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/

Last edited:

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I follow many members of the dev team on Twitter and all indications are

I hope you are right. I'm having my doubts about this JB. The info I get from Twitter is not positive. Team members are leaving, including the exploit finder .

Pod2g left the dev team because he is only an exploit finder and is not part of the jailbreak development. He has moved on to finding other exploits. What other members are leaving?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have gone back to 3.2 from 4.2.

Using SBsettings without any problems, the only thing with SBsettings Is that It drains the battery a bit becuase It runs constant in the background.

U shouldn´t need to add any respritory/source, It should be there If u search.

But here It is:

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/

Amazing you went from 4.2 which isn't out till November back to 3.2! How was this done?

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What other members are leaving?

iOSHacker
But sounds like he might have been only a poser. But you can't often tell after fallouts.

Just getting discouraged. This will be the third weekend since the exploit. Expected something by now.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What other members are leaving?

iOSHacker
But sounds like he might have been only a poser. But you can't often tell after fallouts.

Just getting discouraged. This will be the third weekend since the exploit. Expected something by now.

iOSHacker is and never was part of the dev team. team members are making sure that people understand that he is not part of the dev-team and has no relation to them.

Most reactions

Latest posts