What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ios 4.2.1 Jailbreak hits the shore..

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not being a hacker, (no offense intended) I'm not even sure of what a reboot is. I've had my pad since September and all I've had to do is push the home button and unlock it. What am I missing?

Im not a hacker either, How do you turn the ipad off?

By slamming it on the ground..lmao :p
Juss hold down top button till power down screen pops up wit slider. Slide it, then it powers off.

Last edited:

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have to be a "hacker" to reboot your iPad lol Any more so than you need to be a mechanic to turn your car off. I'm sorry-this hit a funny bone :)

I've seen nothing(so far) in the update that would be worth going thru the trouble of the tether.
Is this the consensus of most JBers?
Agreed. Apple's update doesn't do as much for me as staying where I'm at jailbroken on 3.2.1. I did try the betas and all GM's. Not impressed.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That WAS funny! I didn't mean to imply that I didnt know what a reboot was...I've been computing for 20+ years. It's just that I've never even turned my iPad off in the 3 months I've had it. I leave it on all the time and charge it at night.....even tho I sometimes use it all night.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happened to the jailbreak thread mentioning pinkra1n? Cant seem to find it. Supposedly its an untethered jailbrake. Hopefully that youtube vid wasnt fake.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That WAS funny! I didn't mean to imply that I didnt know what a reboot was...I've been computing for 20+ years. It's just that I've never even turned my iPad off in the 3 months I've had it. I leave it on all the time and charge it at night.....even tho I sometimes use it all night.

Whoa there bud. Lay off the big fonts. It was just the way you presented it that caused the confusion.

Pinkrain? Never heard of it. :confused:

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happened to the jailbreak thread mentioning pinkra1n? Cant seem to find it. Supposedly its an untethered jailbrake. Hopefully that youtube vid wasnt fake.

I was going crazy thinking I had imagined the whole thing!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I was going crazy thinking I had imagined the whole thing!

It was a fake / scam. Not a real jailbreak. The posts were reported and got removed for being spam.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lmao...I knew it was too good to be true. I was looking all over for that thread again...lol. I will wait for untethered jailbrake. Id hate to have to do it after every reboot. Some cydia apps reboot device after installation finished. It would be a pain for me to keep doing it. Im looking for that one time only, until next major update.;)

jlr1516

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Issues

I upgraded to 4.2 and while it seemed fine, it began to give me several issues one being a sluggish keyboard. (took forever to recognize the key inputs), wifi connectivity issues and safari took forever to load pages. I ended downgrading back to 3.2.2 and rejailbreaking with limera1n.

Any others have those issues?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not me. Speed was about the same. No keyboard lag. Wifi is fine.

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts