What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jailbeak on tha way!!

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shatter is actually just the bootrom exploit, it looks like the jailbreak will actually be the greenp0ison jailbreak. Some folks are saying it will be available this weekend, but I'm not so optimistic. With an ios update coming in November, I'm not so sure. It sounds like they have gotten access into the software, it just needs to be packaged neatly for the rest of the world, so maybe we will see it real soon. I don't see much point in a new iPad jailbreak until 4.2 is out.

Thank you for the clarification, I was actually just about to post about that on here. But according this video ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPV0dSG1v4Y]YouTube - Proof Of 4.1 iPhone Jailbreak[/ame]) there will be a jailbreak for 4.1 relatively soon. I have seen some youtube videos and done some research on the 4.2 firmware and it seems to cover everything except of course customization but the bootrom exploit will hopefully jailbreak all iDevices.

check out my site for more news and updates on the jailbreak.

jonnydrama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the update.
will this work on 3.2.2 ipad? seems conflicting information on if it will.

i know 4.2 will be coming in Nov, but my ipad was shipped with 3.2.2.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now this is all just speculation but yes, the upcoming release will jailbreak all iDevices including iPads with the 3.2.2 firmware. i bought my iPad a couple of weeks ago and mine too was shipped with the 3.2.2 firmware.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If what the dev team says is true, then you will be able to jb 4.2 when the time comes. However from what I've seen about the 4.2 beta, there won't be much need to jb.

iRule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O.K. so this is why when I went to jbme .com and got a pop up that read ..

version too old,you need to upgrade using itunes before you can use this site.

I have a 3.2.2 ipad

tato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are SHATTer and greenpois0n the same project or different future JBs?

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
greenpois0n is one of the jailbreaks that will be available. SHAtter is the bootrom exploit that makes the jailbreaks possible

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad the other day and i was completely shattered to read at I was shipped with the 3.2.2 firmware! I wish there was a set in stone date for when I can expect 4.2 or a jail broken 3.2.2.

If 4.2 comes out before a 3.2.2 jailbreak do I upgrade?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad the other day and i was completely shattered to read at I was shipped with the 3.2.2 firmware!
You're upset that your brand new iPad was shipped with the most current version of the iOS?

man-scratching-head.jpg

Personally, I would be a lot more upset if my brand new iPad did NOT come with the latest version of the iOS!

If 4.2 comes out before a 3.2.2 jailbreak do I upgrade?
That's up to you. We can't decide for you. Sooner or later, there will be a jailbreak for 4.2 (or whatever version it happens to be!) so the worst thing would be that you would have to wait for it. Jailbreaks are free, so you get them when you get them, not necessarily when you want them!

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Part of the reason why the dev team doesn't announce the jailbreaks is because they don't want apple patching them with a new firmware update. I can ALMOST guarantee that there will be a 3.2.2 jailbreak before 4.2 is releases.

Greenrolaids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re

If what the dev team says is true, then you will be able to jb 4.2 when the time comes. However from what I've seen about the 4.2 beta, there won't be much need to jb.

lol so will 4.2 allow me to install installous ?

NOT...

Most reactions

Latest posts