What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ios 4.2.1 Jailbreak hits the shore..

Wolf73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

While I was JB my iPad using redsnow 096B5, it came to a stage where it shows ipad to reboot, my iPad hanged there. Anyone knows why? Any solution?

33hamil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone formatting

Jailbroke iPad 4.2.1. Once Cydia loaded, everything was formatted obviously for the iPod or iPhone. I watched a tutorial on line and the same thing happened. Am I missing something? BTW, I restored the iPad and am reluctant to try again.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have had an older version of Redsn0w. I think that happened to me too and I just got the latest one and redid it. I also remember having to do crucial updates in Cydia right away.... it could have been that that fixed it (I remember it had a white rectangle instead of usual icon).

TomanytoysJF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everybody new to the forum. Just bought my iPad black fri and I must say I'm in love!!!!!!!!!
Ive never had trouble jailbreaking any of my iPhones. I'm trying to jb my iPad on 4.2.1 downloaded redsnow and the restore. Click redsnow, browse look for restore and what I find is just the zip file it will not let me use that. I've tried to extract the files nothing can't find it in my pwnage folder. Also have added ispw to end that doesnt work. All the videos I've seen everyones restore looks like s lego block. Mines a folder? Im def stuck and feel like an idiot because it should be just a simple download. Any help would be be appreciated

33hamil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Safari

I had the same problem when downloading with IE. Installed Safari on desktop and downloaded with that. That solved the problem with the zip file thing. See my earlier post concerning formatting issue. Still "unbroken" at this point.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still "unbroken" at this point.

There is always a solution for that.

cartoon-sledge-hammer-guy.gif
cartoonsledgehammerguy.gif

:D

Last edited:

Janamy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hihi I m new here! Got an iPad in August and was happily enjoying the JB version until one of my friend borrowed it and updated mine to 4.2.1..Argh there goes all my apps and games, :( hopefully someone can help me solve it soon...I miss my apps :((

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome Janamy.

Hate to say it but that was a stupid move on your friends part......but forgiveness is part of any friendship. ;)

Since your iPad was JB'en already did you by any chance save your SHSH Blob or click on the "Make my life Easier" image in Cydia in the past?

TomanytoysJF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem when downloading with IE. Installed Safari on desktop and downloaded with that. That solved the problem with the zip file thing. See my earlier post concerning formatting issue. Still "unbroken" at this point.

33hamil. Thank you Safari worked perfect for the download. Was just about to JB her and I decided maybe to hold off a bit to see if an untethered version appears

Most reactions

Latest posts