What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
There is this one thing about supermarket food, which is bothering me for years now.

When buying pre-sliced food, i.e. cheese/salami/ham, etc. the food is always inserted the wrong way. When I open the package, I just want to take out the top slice, but some packaging genius decided it would be a great idea to have the pachage opening, where the slice is at the bottom, requiring the me to lift all the other slices just to take out one. Whoever came up with that idea should be imprisoned for making the life of millions of people more difficult.

Just say it like it is DUMI, hee hee!

My peeve at the moment is that my husband is spending too much time at work and not enough at home! He has worked all weekend because the farmers Market, fairs etc... All do better in the summer months therefore seasonal. Argghh! Why can't you shoppers buy all year round and even in snow and ice and rain. Cowardy cats, it wouldn't have happened in the old days. Heck, I sound like an old woman don't I. Rant over!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is this one thing about supermarket food, which is bothering me for years now.

When buying pre-sliced food, i.e. cheese/salami/ham, etc. the food is always inserted the wrong way. When I open the package, I just want to take out the top slice, but some packaging genius decided it would be a great idea to have the pachage opening, where the slice is at the bottom, requiring the me to lift all the other slices just to take out one. Whoever came up with that idea should be imprisoned for making the life of millions of people more difficult.

Is this a wind-up or is there really something different between the top slice and the bottom slice?

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Is this a wind-up or is there really something different between the top slice and the bottom slice?

Tim

Not sure he knows Tim

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

There is no difference between the top and bottom slice. My complaint isn't directed towards the slices itself, but towards the slices arrangement.

Let's consider a normal sliced cheese package.
If we have the opening on the left side, than the standard arrangement of cheese it as follows:
Starting from the left side: slice 1 is at the bottom, slice 2 is slightly further to the right, and overlapping slice 1, slice 3 is even further to the right, but overlapping slice 2, slice 4 is furthest to the right, overlapping slice 3, but is not overlapped by any other slices, as it is the last on the row.

Now with the current allignment, to get to slice 1, the person has to lift slice 2, as slice 1 is mostly covered by slice 2. Once slice 1 is eaten, the person has to lift slice 3 to get to slice 2.

In DUMI-world, the slices would simply be turned 180 degrees, so that slice 4 is where the package opening is. That way, the next slice will always be on top, so that no extra slices have to be lifted, in order to remove a slice from the package.

Btw. I am not an overly demanding person, but sometimes these little things, where clearly no one ever paid attention to usability can drive me nuts. :D

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no difference between the top and bottom slice. My complaint isn't directed towards the slices itself, but towards the slices arrangement.

If we have the opening on the left side, than the standard arrangement of cheese it as follows:
Starting from the left side: slice 1 is at the bottom, slice 2 is slightly further to the right, and overlapping slice 1, slice 3 is even further to the right, but overlapping slice 2, slice 4 is furthest to the right, overlapping slice 3, but is not overlapped by any other slices, as it is the last on the row.

Now with the current allignment, to get to slice 1, the person has to lift slice 2, as slice 1 is mostly covered by slice 2. Once slice 1 is eaten, the person has to lift slice 3 to get to slice 2.

In DUMI-world, the slices would simply be turned 180 degrees, so that slice 4 is where the package opening is. That way, the next slice will always be on top, so that no extra slices have to be lifted, in order to remove a slice from the package.

Btw. I am not an overly demanding person, but sometimes these little things, where clearly no one ever paid attention to usability can drive me nuts. :D

Please tell me what cheese products you eat so I can see for myself!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, it's another peeve, I'm in that sort of mood! Beauty Pageants for little girls, OMG. Why? I mean really? Why? Daughter is watching and those poor things are really not enjoying all this attention, contrary to what the moms are saying. I have nothing against dressing up and a little make up but some of these people spend thousands of dollars a year on this sort of thing. How about something more natural. Rant over!

Reaction score

Please tell me what cheese products you eat so I can see for myself!

Any sliced cheese from Sainsbury, Aldi and Tesco. I have never found on, where the cheese is oriented properly.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's going to drive me bats until I see what u mean

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
if you imagine a line of dominoes, then topple them over

except that when you open the packet of cheese, they are arranged the wrong way round

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com

Hmmm.....flip the package maybe? :)

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have millions... I am the sort of person that gets peed off so very easily.

1) Any stupid noises people make.. Clicking pens, tapping fingers on desk, tapping feet on floor, biting nails... Anything like that makes me scream at them. O/H is worst for it.

2) Women who get on the bus with a buggy, then get the child out to sit in a seat... Firstly your child got on for free, now 3 people have to stand up who paid because your child and the buggy is taking up 3 seats.

I dare say i will be back to this thread VERY soon.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My country recently had it's General Elections, and the results pissed me off. Won't say anything more about it because it still turns my mood sour. And worse of all, I don't even know what I'm supposed to feel. For some reason,i keep feeling as if I had supported the wrong party, but the alternatives are even more useless!

And I'm tired, and unsociable, and it's so hot.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
3) Monroe/ top lip piercings - no it doesn't look cool, it looks like you have a giant mole on your face.
4) people who play music aloud on their phones while walking down the street - you may love your heavy grime music but I however DO NOT. shut the hell up or I will play abba and I swear to you my phone is louder then yours.

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
5) people who see I own cool gadgets or designer clothes saying, " your so lucky! ".... NO I am not lucky, I worked hard all month for this stuff...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amy0x said:
3) Monroe/ top lip piercings - no it doesn't look cool, it looks like you have a giant mole on your face.
4) people who play music aloud on their phones while walking down the street - you may love your heavy grime music but I however DO NOT. shut the hell up or I will play abba and I swear to you my phone is louder then yours.

Ha ha haLol

You do make me laugh, you and me both, my students do the exact same thing and I bombard them with science, bores the hell out of them!

And piercings on your belly button, the times we've got kids with infected holes in our first aid room.

Most reactions

Latest posts