What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

firedog25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In general I hate other people's driving, I pay a little more attention because if I'm at work and I drive like an asshole someone will get hurt. It carries over to my daily driving, I blog about it, but not like anyone but like 3 people read it. :D

I have a saying.

Driving is like buttholes, everyone else's stinks but mine.

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People driving in the fast lane while talking on their mobile phones using hand gestures like the other person on the other end can see them with the left turn blinker on for 5 miles on a busy highway during rush hour and a 3 yr old asking "are we there yet" every 10 seconds while kicking the back of my seat throwing chicken mcnuggets towards my head.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People who think they know me and really, really don't! Try to tell me what to do!

I hate that!

And yes, fast lane hoggers are the worst driving offenders!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Hayles66 said:
People who think they know me and really, really don't! Try to tell me what to do!

I hate that!

And yes, fast lane hoggers are the worst driving offenders!

that and ppl who tailgate or cut ppl up, annoys me something rotten

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wytey said:
that and ppl who tailgate or cut ppl up, annoys me something rotten

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

Especially in traffic jams where you are being good and feeding into one lane and some inconsiderate plonker speeding along, goes down the empty fast lane and expects the people, who have waited in the queue for a while, to make space for them. I'm sorry guys but I'm that girl who wouldn't let you in because I really, really didn't want to give way to you, so there! Childish rant over! Mini road rager, me!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Backstabbers

Ive worked with a few of these characters. They pretend to like you and then turn on you when they discover someone else who they think will move them up the ladder. They are usually female so that's why I have more male friends than female. Male friends tell you straight whats bothering them and females just rumour and gossip behind your back.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The banner advertisement that appears frequently at the top of the iPad Forum site (using Safari) advertising a company that says "500,000 Members - what are you wating for"

You mean they went to all the trouble of putting that ad together and can't spell 'waiting'?

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You've been storing that up for a while haven't you! Latest pet peeve, cold callers, I hate the lot of them!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My pet peeve is the great number of ads on the Internet. No matter where you go or what you want to see, you have to sit through inane ads. Granted they are only a few seconds long, but it's a waste of time. I think eventually one will have to pay extra to be ad free.
Oh yeah, the ad banners on free apps drive me crazy too.

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The number of ads on TV. Stations seem to synchronize them.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hate the tv advertisements that are much louder than the show you are watching.
When a add comes on the add is screeching at you while you dive for the remote.
Then when the show starts again you cannot hear it as you have turned down the volume

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just sat and read all 21 pages of this post and have been thoroughly entertained. Yes I agree with all of you out there about thoughtless drivers, people ordering large meals with a diet soda, the absence of toilet paper when needed, super loud commercials, people asking how you are when really they don't care and I laughed out loud at whoever asked what a pet peeve was and the reply was very cute too, and that thread about packaged cheese or ham, the top versus the bottom slice has me dumbfounded. Maybe u could post a photo if it. I also agree with the comment on American bacon and I can tell you, it seems to be different in a lot of countries around the world. But we have great bacon here ( Australia) and I love it even if it is unhealthy. I love this forum, it's so helpful and friendly and even when there's a clash of wills, it's entertaining. Thank you all for making my life easier with my iPad, which I can't seem to put down since I've bought it. Just love it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying your iPad and finding the Forum entertaining. It's great we have such wonderful Members who are the most helpful group of people I've come across in a long time. It shows, too, how people from all over the world - whatever their background or nationality - can be friends with each other.

Tim

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I'd like to thank you most of all, you have been such a help with all your comments and insights. I've got a long way to go though and am still finding my way around, but you've made it so much easier.

Sandra

Most reactions

Latest posts