What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad stuck by underground train door in London!

Desp-man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was in London underground today, that was busy time and I was last on board, my iPad was put in a business leather case, when the door close, my brief case was stuck by the doors when the door is closing, then I have to force the door open a bit and get my brief case out.

I don't know how is the ipad's resistant to such a pressure, and how may I know my iPad is ok or not? It's functional normally, but I noticed some strip on the screen- but, I had zagg's protector film on it, so I'm not sure the strip are caused by the door stuck pressure or the effect of the film?

Could anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what presure the iPad can take. If you do have a protector on it I personally would take it off and see if it has damaged the screen itself.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ouch those bloody doors!

Should think you would get away with it to be honest. If they can't cut your arm off they shouldn't damage a cased iPad.
Just try watching some videos to check for pixel damage and if you're feeling brave pull off the protector film. Never needed one on mine and it's been getting a hell of a lot of usage.

Hope you've been lucky :)

OP
D

Desp-man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, the problem is- the zagg protector is quite difficult to apply on the screen, so I really don't want to take it off if there is another way of telling how ti identify the strips.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, the problem is- the zagg protector is quite difficult to apply on the screen, so I really don't want to take it off if there is another way of telling how ti identify the strips.

To be sure of the condition I don't see anyway around not removing the protector.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Give the Zagg a couple days. It might self-heal. My husband semi-stepped on my iPad and made a ridge and about 6 big bubbles on mine while we were on vacation. I rubbed the bubbles as much as I could, thinking I'd have to replace the Zagg once I got home since two bubbles wouldn't go away. Two days later, the Zagg shows no indication that anything happened to it.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when traveling on local train system in l.a. and new york i keep the bag slung in front to keep a better control of it when getting in and out the train system ..

Silken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ouch! Managed to catch my arm in the closing doors once, soo painful. Hope the ipad is ok.

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure it's fine, and it's just the screen protector.

Most reactions

Latest posts