What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My internet is crap

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like when I reset my router I must have forgotten to change a setting or something. The last day or two is the only time it has been slow and I reset my router last week so on the other hand I doubt that's the problem.

Any suggestions?

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once my internrt was very slow, said there was too much presure on it. Next day I locked it with a password, and it became fast again. Is your's locked?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, it's locked. I never let it open.

I think it might get a little better once I turned on QoS.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No this is just in general, on my home PC. Actually what seems to have resolved the issue is using OpenDNS. Perhaps my DNS servers for my ISP are crap.

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No this is just in general, on my home PC. Actually what seems to have resolved the issue is using OpenDNS. Perhaps my DNS servers for my ISP are crap.

Same thing has happened to me recently. The OpenDNS did work wonders on my end too.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may just be a case of system overload. Hot weather and school out can mean a lot of kids home and on-line. I have had a lot of slow downs since school let out and still show my normal router speeds.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Do some speed tests over time so that you can compare

speedtest.net will keep track of your tests so you can look back and see if the speeds have gone down.

I've got Comcast business class internet for $69 and these are my speeds from Miami,Florida to a server in Atlanta Georgia.
2903081113.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts