What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not connected to the internet

SteveH505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Early stock iPad running iOS 4.3.3 - no SIM. Has been little used in recent years.
The iPad is connected to the wifi but all apps cannot connect to the internet. The 'disconnection' happened all of a sudden when I tried to connect to iTunes.
Other devices using iOS 7 and 8 are connected to the internet without a problem using the same router.
I switched the iPad off and on 3 times; I reset the settings w/o success.
Any idea what to try next?
Regards Steve

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the restart? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

Which iPad model do you have? The original iPad can be upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and all other iPads can be upgraded to iOS 8.2. The latest possible iOS version will allow more apps to function properly as most apps now require a newer iOS version than iOS 4.3.3.

SgtBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the restart? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

Which iPad model do you have? The original iPad can be upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and all other iPads can be upgraded to iOS 8.2. The latest possible iOS version will allow more apps to function properly as most apps now require a newer iOS version than iOS 4.3.3.

My iPAD is equipped with iOS8/3 and the Wi-Fi icon indicates it is connected to the internet; however, none of my attempts to connect to the internet have worked. When I try to connect to any web site, I get 'Internet Connection lost' or 'check network connection' or Couldn't load file. Any suggestions?

BTW - is it possible to use Firefox on my iPAD or must I use Safari for my MAC and iPAD to work?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPAD is equipped with iOS8/3 and the Wi-Fi icon indicates it is connected to the internet; however, none of my attempts to connect to the internet have worked. When I try to connect to any web site, I get 'Internet Connection lost' or 'check network connection' or Couldn't load file. Any suggestions?

BTW - is it possible to use Firefox on my iPAD or must I use Safari for my MAC and iPAD to work?
The WiFi icon at the top left of your screen doesn't mean you have an Internet connection, it just means that you're connected to a WiFi router. It's entirely possible for the router to be disconnected from the Internet and still show a strong signal on the iPad.

BTW, have you restarted the router? Sometimes this will re-establish the Internet connection.

Firefox is not available for the iPad. Mozilla have not released a Firefox browser app.

Most reactions

Latest posts