What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking iPad Cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's completely dead how do you expect THEM to find out?

...say the power pack was bad on your unit (or something like that) and when the tech installs a new battery, he sees your iPad in all it's JB glory :D

SPC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While the scenario of a bad battery is not likely within the 1 year warranty period, that is a risk of jailbreaking.

If it happens, it happens. Apple will simply charge you for the repair. I, and many others in the JB world, have had warranty work and replacement done on JB'd devices. No problems. As stated, if you cannot restore the device (assuming you know what you are doing), either can the Genius at the Bar.

Life is short. The iPad is a toy. To JB or not to JB, who really cares. If you're stressing over JB'ing a device, then JB'ing is definitely not for you.

Last edited:

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The op asked the cons of jail breaking. I mentioned warranty violation as a con. Others have countered that your unlikely to get caught, which is also true. No need to keep derailing the op's thread with a debate on returning jb'd ipads.

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If not for backgrounder, what for?

As long as you're not running resource-heavy apps in the background, it shouldn't hurt the battery life too much, if any.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SNES4iPhone, SB Settings, Categories to hide app icons like iTunes, iFile to edit files...I could go on and on. I am JB but don't have backgrounder installed.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kind of a lame troll topic to begin with. He could have googled the question without starting this silly thread.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting to make an obscure complaint about a comment made two years ago is really not needed.

This thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions