What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I jailbreak?

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know most of the cons and pros of jailbreaking, I've been jailbroken twice in the past but now I am stock.I want to jailbreak again, but I want to ask you some questions:

-if I install winterboard with a theme, sbsettings and some other apps/tweaks(not alot) will it dramatically slow down my iPhone 3GS(8GB) or reduce it's battery life by alot?Now I have usually between 20-40% of battery at the end of the day.
-I heard there are some issues with FaceIT(facetime for 3GS).Is that right?I heard, that if you uninstall it your iPhone will no longer boot up.
-would I still be able to get viruses if I don't use OpenSSH?I know the pass is alpine but can other people log into my iPhone even if I don't have that app installed?
-also, if I have problems with it, I can DFU restore and Apple/my carrier won't know that I ever jailbroke, right?

Now, last time I jailbroke I didn't see a drastic impact on the performance, maybe when I was installing apps from the AppStore, but nothing else(games were still fluent etc.).

Thank you in advance guys!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might be better asking these questions over at our sister site, iphoneforums.net, but I'll try and answer...

- You will see slight slowdown if you overdo things on the 3GS. It is an old device with a slower processor and limited RAM. However, if you don't go crazy overloading tweaks it will be fine.
- I have no experience of FaceIT
- There are no iOS viruses in the wild. You have nothing to worry about.
- You can always remove a jailbreak by doing a DFU mode restore.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help!I just gut some more questions I forgot to mention:
-does sbsettings take slot of ram?I usually don't see any difference in ram usage whether it is jail broken or not...
-on 4.3.1 jb I couldn't see any of my battery usage in settings...Has this been fixed now with rc16?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have thought so, but can't comment really as you are talking about a 3GS, sorry.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without be to harsh

If you have experienced jailbreaked I devices you know the score

As for battery drain or virus ,yes you will use your battery a lot more, my advice is get a car charger if your on the move or a USB energy top up if you are that concearned about your iPad going dead.

As for virus "......your safe there mate stop being paranoid

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And do not collect $200 ~ go directly to jail.

5a1e4551.png

Most reactions