What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak error: "Version too old"

ofer57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itune suggested me to update my Ipad software so I agreed.
Now, I lost my jailbreak and cydia and when I want to jailbreak again I get the following message:
"Version too old. Please upgrade..."

Please help. What do I do?
Ben

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
*sigh* You will either have to downgrade to 3.2.1 or you are gonna have to wait until the 3.2.2 firmware is jailbroken.

Pay attention to what it says in Cydia BEFORE you upgrade your software.

This is what is says.

WARNING!!! Firmware AlertiOS 4.0.2 / 3.2.2 breaks jailbreaks.
Absolutely Do Not Update. This update does nothing except break your jailbreak! If you have to restore, make sure you use Saurik's server with your stored SHSH so that you can restore 4.0.1 firmware.
For the safari pdf security patch offered in 4.0.2, you can install Saurik's patch for this by installing PDF Patch in cydia.

Downgrade back to the previous firmware by following this guide:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/8563-downgrading-ipad-3-2-2-a.html

Last edited:

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And turn off the check for updates... I think that's an option. Since I ignore them, I don't care, but for those that "auto-yes" it may be best to check manually instead of automatically.

OP
O

ofer57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure it was an upgrade

Thank you.
How do I know it was an upgrade and not a fix or something?

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple hates the fact that they are not in control of any Jailbroken device. They make decent computers though. That is what jailbreaking is about. FREEDOM.

Now even though Jailbreaking is now legal...Apple will STILL break it any chance they get.

That is why Apple is on the top ten EVIL companies list.

Now what you need to do in the future is WAIT until the new firmware has been jailbroken....THEN update it.

Yes it fixes the PDF problem....but if you did a search in Cydia for PDF PATCH then you would have had the fix and still been jailbroken.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple hates the fact that they are not in control of any Jailbroken device. They make decent computers though. That is what jailbreaking is about. FREEDOM.

Now even though Jailbreaking is now legal...Apple will STILL break it any chance they get.

Now what you need to do in the future is WAIT until the new firmware has been jailbroken....THEN update it.

Yes it fixes the PDF problem....but if you did a search in Cydia for PDF PATCH then you would have had the fix and still been jailbroken.

+1
As Digikid is saying, if you are going to jailbreak you need to pay attention.

OP
O

ofer57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak for 3.2.2

Thank you al for helping me in my first iPad days.
Two more questions please:
How long will it take till I have the jailbreak for this?
Where do I check if they released it already? Do I just click on the jailbreak link and see if it works?
Tnx. Again

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thank you al for helping me in my first iPad days.
Two more questions please:
How long will it take till I have the jailbreak for this?
Where do I check if they released it already? Do I just click on the jailbreak link and see if it works?
Tnx. Again

You will not see a website like Jailbreakme.com agian for the next jailbreak. They will release some type of program that you have to run on your computer to jailbreak the ipad.

check spiritjb.com every once and a while to see if there is a new one for 3.2.2 any time soon.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You are so smart! I love reading your posts, although I am confused as hell at times, I am learning!

I think.:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts