What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undo cydia jailbreak

vassili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to undo the Cydia jailbreak on my iPad 2 but when I try to restore using iTunes I get a pop-up message saying that my device software details will be sent to apple before the restore operation can proceed.

Won't this result in loss of warranty on my iPad? It's less than one month old and I definitely don't want to risk that
Please advise how to undo the jailbreak without impacting the warranty, thanks.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also made an interesting (to me) discovery. After reading the immediate above commment about info being sent to Apple, I decided to hook up to iTunes and sync the pad and phone. In the process I did something I hadn't done before (I don't use iTunes very much - just to sync and backup) ... I clicked on the "Apps" page, and lo and behold, I see screen-shots of every screen, showing all the JB app icons and all.

It seems like Apple could easily grab those shots, or otherwise find revealing information about the state of an individuals iDevice without too much trouble. Perhaps there's privacy issues safeguarding us against them doing that without our permission, but still... who knows what they're fetching from us.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just ignore the message and press restore. Your iPad2 will be restored to factory fresh 4.3.5 and your warranty is intact. Nothing to worry about.

The message is because iTunes has detected a log file and want to send it off to Apple for analysis. Honestly, you can just ignore it.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
Let see who can find a way to unsubscribe to send iTunes info to Apple.
Or
How can you tell if you permit it upon installing iTunes...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
Or

When you do a restore (I think an update too) iTunes will ask you of it can send anonymous data to apple about the iPad. Just say no.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
Or

When you do a restore (I think an update too) iTunes will ask you of it can send anonymous data to apple about the iPad. Just say no.

mmm...
I thought maybe it is being done on a regular basis, like when you grade an application, or when you buy one. Or what ever.
If it is only upon restore - Who cares.
If it is upon installing iTunes - It's too late.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to undo the Cydia jailbreak on my iPad 2 but when I try to restore using iTunes I get a pop-up message saying that my device software details will be sent to apple before the restore operation can proceed.

Won't this result in loss of warranty on my iPad? It's less than one month old and I definitely don't want to risk that
Please advise how to undo the jailbreak without impacting the warranty, thanks.

keep your jailbreak, until you really need warranty help.

but if you wanna go ahead anyway, open cydia and see what your shsh say in green lettering....
Cydia-SHSH-Blobs.png

Most reactions

Latest posts