What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad jailbroken?

Is your iPad jailbroken?

• Yes

Votes: 62 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 166 64.1%
  • I plan to jailbreak when it is available for my firmware.

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

gzigoris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is jailbroken on 6.1 only because i like "Barrel". I wont be going back till Ver # 7.0

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, not yet, not sure what the benefits are! What are the benefits? Squib

Sent from my iPad 2 IOS 6.1.3 using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking in my opinion is for trivial minded individuals. Not offensively speaking, just generalizing. There is really no need to JB unless it's strictly for the purpose of customizing the interface of iOS. But we all know the tue reason behind JB, and I do not condone this as the developers suffer. They have families to support just as we all do, that is their 9-5, support them and STOP piracy. Would you work for free... Didn't think so:)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Jailbreaking in my opinion is for trivial minded individuals. Not offensively speaking, just generalizing. There is really no need to JB unless it's strictly for the purpose of customizing the interface of iOS. But we all know the tue reason behind JB, and I do not condone this as the developers suffer. They have families to support just as we all do, that is their 9-5, support them and STOP piracy. Would you work for free... Didn't think so:)

If you go to the JB post of IPF you would know that everyone here agrees with you and there are other reason for JB. Just so you know you are not alone in your thinking! :) Squib

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you go to the JB post of IPF you would know that everyone here agrees with you and there are other reason for JB. Just so you know you are not alone in your thinking! :) Squib

Whilst we welcome your comments the question in this thread is "is your iPad jailbroken", not, "what do you think of those that jailbreak". However, I can confirm that no, whilst you assume that everyone knows the true reason behind Jailbreaking which you infer is piracy, this is not true. Along with many members here and I'm sure elsewhere there are plenty of genuine jail breakers who do neither commit piracy nor do they advocate it. In point of fact, many of the forum staff here are jailbroken and all of them are completely anti piracy. We also have developers who are jailbroken so, clearly, your arguments break down.

FWIW, you probably think that "he would say that wouldn't he", well, I don't have any jailbroken devices, so I have no reason to.

So, with that said, lets get back on topic please.

The Archangel

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to JB my iPad, and I updated to IOS 6.1.2 so I can when I'm ready. There are several Cydia apps and tweaks I want to buy.

I am still educating myself by reading threads, and articles, especially about troubleshooting, before taking the plunge. I'm not in a hurry.

Edit: My typing is just awful today.

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad mini is jailbroken so that it will be almost as useful as an Android tablet when I want to load family mp files on it.

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you jailbreak your iPad? I've never heard of the term, even though I've had my iPad for a year.

-Samana

Notorious Ama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst we welcome your comments the question in this thread is "is your iPad jailbroken", not, "what do you think of those that jailbreak". However, I can confirm that no, whilst you assume that everyone knows the true reason behind Jailbreaking which you infer is piracy, this is not true. Along with many members here and I'm sure elsewhere there are plenty of genuine jail breakers who do neither commit piracy nor do they advocate it. In point of fact, many of the forum staff here are jailbroken and all of them are completely anti piracy. We also have developers who are jailbroken so, clearly, your arguments break down.

FWIW, you probably think that "he would say that wouldn't he", well, I don't have any jailbroken devices, so I have no reason to.

So, with that said, lets get back on topic please.

The Archangel

Bravo , my iPad is jailbroken but because of the freedom to customize my device to my liking. Yes it is possible to do piracy but there are so many helpful tweaks that apple themselves can include in they're software. I mean the new control center looks like a "legit" version of SB Settings & I love it. Unlocking the full potential of your device is an awesome feeling and feature.

Dave_227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have JB for my iPad mini because I'm runningiOS 7.0.0 and I haven't seen a untethered Jailbreak for iOS 7.0.0

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts