What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm 69 and love this ipad, plus my MBP and my imac but, my MBP isn't being used as much since I got the ipad..just keep on keeping on.:)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so old I forgot if I even posted, I am 79 years young.

Only twice before this one --

Seventy-nine in December and I come to this forum to pick the brains of all you younger smart people,and believe me I have learned a lot,so much more than the owners manual.

keep on posting the tips.

Al.

I'm a young 79, but who is counting. I am young at heart and I keep my self occupied with these new gadgets:D
I forgot,add a young wife to that, I love younger women,she is 75 next month and she has a iPod and a iPad.:D

But that's OK Al, I think I also have a memory problem. Oh, and did I tell you, I think I also have a memory problem.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the first "age group" poll I've ever been in where my age was last. 55 and over, you bet you're going to have the largest group of people owning iPads in that range. That's baby boomer generation.

Nice to see there are other people around who are my age. I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

sjdestiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll vote for my dad...50! :)) I guess the iPad's just too expense for kids to just play around with xD

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I teach a beginner's computer class at a local senior center. I recommended an iPad to one of my students and she bought it and loves it so far. I've given her one private lesson and I think she'll be on her own after one more lesson. Unfortunately, the price range puts it out of reach of most of my students. Almost all of them only want to surf the web and send and receive e-mail which the iPad is perfect for. No mouse (sometimes we're halfway though the class term before this skill is mastered) and a simplified keyboard. I just wish I could hand them out, spend a couple of hours with them and send them on their way.

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I teach a beginner's computer class at a local senior center. I recommended an iPad to one of my students and she bought it and loves it so far. I've given her one private lesson and I think she'll be on her own after one more lesson. Unfortunately, the price range puts it out of reach of most of my students. Almost all of them only want to surf the web and send and receive e-mail which the iPad is perfect for. No mouse (sometimes we're halfway though the class term before this skill is mastered) and a simplified keyboard. I just wish I could hand them out, spend a couple of hours with them and send them on their way.

Be glad you don't live in Australia. My 64gb 3g was $1049. We So get ripped off here.

sjdestiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's that expensive? It's around that price range over here too, since our apple stores still don't carry them. That is if you choose to buy from those people who simply import. Yeah, I heard it's much cheaper in Hong Kong though, if you have a relative there that is xD

Most reactions

Latest posts