What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that got the new iPad - what device did you upgrade from?

What Tablet did you upgrade to new iPad from?


  • Total voters
    123

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
The iPad 3 is my sixth tablet, an by far the most intuitive and interactive for games, although for work purposes the Blackberry tablet is much better and supportive.
 

stanw

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi I started with iPhone years ago got the next one and so on bought the first iPad then the next and then bought my son iPad 2 now ia have got iPad 4g 32 gig
Great love you apple
 

stanw

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
In England what use is 4g can someone explain when I am out and about I don't seem to get a very fast connection I am with orange..
 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
17,091
Reaction score
747
Location
Cranbrook, Kent, UK
stanw said:
In England what use is 4g can someone explain when I am out and about I don't seem to get a very fast connection I am with orange..

We don't have a 4G network yet and even when we do get one it may not be compatible so currently you should be getting a 3G connection.

The Archangel
 

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Gabriel1 said:
We don't have a 4G network yet and even when we do get one it may not be compatible so currently you should be getting a 3G connection.

The Archangel

The 4G connection in the UK will provide you with the most stable and supportive 3G connection, it's not just the standard 3G connection that the iPhone uses.

The iDevice Guru
 

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
axis said:

No we don't have 4G YET, although with the new iPad a feature is 4G as apple products are designed in California, when using 4G in the UK or other countries without the 4G connection, the iPad will receive the most powerful 3G connection available, you can test this if you have and iPad with 4G and an iPhone, choose a random spot and load up a website, 9 times out of 10 the iPad will be quickest.

The iDevice Guru
 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
17,091
Reaction score
747
Location
Cranbrook, Kent, UK
iDeviceGuru said:
No we don't have 4G YET, although with the new iPad a feature is 4G as apple products are designed in California, when using 4G in the UK or other countries without the 4G connection, the iPad will receive the most powerful 3G connection available, you can test this if you have and iPad with 4G and an iPhone, choose a random spot and load up a website, 9 times out of 10 the iPad will be quickest.

The iDevice Guru

In the UK, if you have, say, an O2 sim then when it can't find a 4G connection (which it won't) surely it will revert to the 3G O2 service, it can't join another another service?

The Archangel
 

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Joined
Aug 23, 2011
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
112
I am upgrading from a ipad 3rd generation 64 gb to a 128 gb ipad air.
Lucky you!!! I wouldn't mind having a 128GB. I can't justify having 3 iPads. I was freaking out last year when I bought the second one this time LOL. Enjoy!!! Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF
 
Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
6,415
Reaction score
435
Location
SC
Lucky you!!! I wouldn't mind having a 128GB. I can't justify having 3 iPads. I was freaking out last year when I bought the second one last year this time LOL. Enjoy!!! Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

I can't justify 3 iPads either yet here I sit. I tried the trade in approaches, but I finally decided the devices were worth more to me than what they were offering. I might try Craig's list or eBay as both of my devices are is good shape. Or, I will build a security system using my old idevices!
 

Most reactions

Top