What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Owners are SNOBS!!!

groundzero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those who think we are arrogant because we own an ipad are called haters. I love whn they hate because it makes me feel like i got something they want like having a gorgeous girlfriend of course you're going to have people look at you like u dont deserve it.

-written from my ipad

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's true! I feel like one tho when I'm out and about everyone stares...makes me not wanna be on it in public!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's true! I feel like one tho when I'm out and about everyone stares...makes me not wanna be on it in public!

I was verbally abused by someone I knew for having bought that "piece of crap" as he called it. I never managed to place a word edgewise. I'm quite shy to bring it off in public anymore and try to hide it. The Griffin case is inconspicuous enough past anyone but the sharpest eyes. Usually, people are respectful. I've been flames about it on forums also but there I can put my word in...

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs is also the Antichrist and we are minions of hell...

Hmmm... I don't really believe that "we are the minions of hell" thing but the jury is still out on the other...personally I think that Vladimir Putin is the AC but there's room for Steve to sway my opinion...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs is also the Antichrist and we are minions of hell...

Hmmm... I don't really believe that "we are the minions of hell" thing but the jury is still out on the other...personally I think that Vladimir Putin is the AC but there's room for Steve to sway my opinion...

...anyone who buys an Apple product is a minion of hell. According to them, that is.

I've been verbally abused enough to start asking myself questions about what effect Apple can have on some people's sanity.

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If some one buy a new car and wash every 3 time a day. Other see may feel irritating . But if you play iPad 7/24 no one should brother you. If yes don't care what they though.. May be it is yr though ?

JC Phelps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't currently own an iPad. I had no idea they were coming out until about a month before their release.

Before I knew of them, I mentioned to my father that I'd love to have a Kindle, so he bought me one for Christmas. However, I really wished he'd have gotten me an iPad. He did, however, buy himself an iPad after I sent him the video link from the Apple store. His was one of the very first released.

I wanted a Kindle because I'm an author and was thinking about publishing to Kindle format (I have done this already and my first book in a series of three is now available at iBooks! Whoo hoo!)

Anyway, I've been participating in the Kindle boards and the hatred for iPad users is thick over there. Having used both the Kindle and iPad I can say there is NO comparison to the two. The Kindle is an e-reader and the iPad is SO MUCH MORE.

I don't understand the vehemence a lot of people have toward Apple products. Again, I've used both Mac and Window's based PC's for years. I can say, from my experience and type of use, the only good thing the Window's based PC's are better for are playing games and getting viruses.

This comment is in no way meant to offend those that prefer the Window's based PC's. I was brought up with an Apple in the house and that could easily explain my preference. (Though... isn't Windows based on the Apple model?)

OP
Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no one tells me a damn thing an i literally go state to state with my ipad (truck driver) an i never leave it alone i have two ipads i never heard any insults from anyone except a mcdonalds employee callin me out sayin its a large ipod i simply replyed flip about 4000 more pattys maybe you can have 1 (everyone cracked up ) not sayin workin at mcdonalds suck but if u gonna be wise guy prepare for a come back

LOL...nice

OP
Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no one tells me a damn thing an i literally go state to state with my ipad (truck driver) an i never leave it alone i have two ipads i never heard any insults from anyone except a mcdonalds employee callin me out sayin its a large ipod i simply replyed flip about 4000 more pattys maybe you can have 1 (everyone cracked up ) not sayin workin at mcdonalds suck but if u gonna be wise guy prepare for a come back

I was verbally abused by someone I knew for having bought that "piece of crap" as he called it. I never managed to place a word edgewise. I'm quite shy to bring it off in public anymore and try to hide it. The Griffin case is inconspicuous enough past anyone but the sharpest eyes. Usually, people are respectful. I've been flames about it on forums also but there I can put my word in...

wow...it's different seeing your perspective.

Im quite the opposite...i love the attention the iPad seems to bring. So far i havent had any negativity shot my way...everyone is usually like "WOW" or "THAT THING IS COOL"...those type of comments, so i tend to walk around with it in my hands in public quite often...or course i have a death grip on it being that im sometimes afraid someone my try to snatch it out of my hands.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't love the attention, but I don't mind either. Most people are just curious and often considering buying one and want to hear from someone who has one. The most negative anyone has ever said to me was a fairly innocent question about it being like a big iPod touch. My response to that was that it is just like an iPod touch except there is a ton of software that is only for iPad that does a lot of cool stuf you could never do on an iPod touch. I think a lot of people don't realize that the apps are a completely different format.

OUiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found that if you hold your iPad just right when people are giving you crap about how it doesn't do anything they want to do, you can cause light to shine in their eyes and temporarily blind them long enough for you to get away.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found that if you hold your iPad just right when people are giving you crap about how it doesn't do anything they want to do, you can cause light to shine in their eyes and temporarily blind them long enough for you to get away.

And what do they want to do with it? :confused: :D

To me this is a good Netbook replacement. 1/2 the size/weight and 3x the battery life. And I can play some games as well for leisure.

Most reactions