What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a young 79, but who is counting. I am young at heart and I keep my self occupied with these new gadgets:D
I forgot,add a young wife to that, I love younger women,she is 75 next month and she has a iPod and a iPad.:D

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, this is a genius poll. I never would have thought that people as old as 79 were using iPads. I know that that is a complete stereotype, but I truly thought that the majority of iPad owners would be at a lot younger age. I think that's so awesome!

Rosebud458

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rosemarycheek.com
"Wow, this is a genius poll. I never would have thought that people as old as 79 were using iPads. I know that that is a complete stereotype, but I truly thought that the majority of iPad owners would be at a lot younger age. I think that's so awesome!" And it gets better with time...at 69 I taking a dreamweaver class and learning flash....and the best part when you are over 65, classes are free :)

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fall under the 16-24 year range respectively.

It pleases me to see how easily we all converse when quite a lot of us are from different generations altogether.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NPD data says the typical (over 60%) iPad owner is a male in his late 30s or 40s, so the poll seems about right so far.

LadyPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured I'd be the oldest.....after my husband. But a few in this thread are my contemporaries. 70 in January and he made 85 in August. i waited in line for hours the first day the 3g was released and the kids around me thought i was the coolest great grandma they'd ever set eyes on. Periodically checking email on my web connected Toshiba TabletPC Convertible didn't hurt that perception, either. it's a long way from the 360 mainframes i used to repair for IBM back in the early 70's. My 17 year old grandson totes the new iPhone and asks to use my iPad every time he drops by. This summer he introduced me to his new girlfriend....and HAD to mention I have an iPad in my purse.

tomythomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is interesting to see that most of the iPad owners are older than I expected. I am 51 and live in Bangalore. It is not yet launched in India so I had to source it from US 3 months back :( I have lots and lots of gadgets but never obsessed with anything else like iPad :)

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm 49 and getting 64gb 3g next week YAYYYYY

I tried to resist and there are lots of tablets that do more but none that look so kool

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm 27. I got my 16gb from my Dad. He has a 64gb now (both are wi-fi models) and he's 48

I never thought I would love this thing as much as I do...but it's completely awesome and then some.

Most reactions

Latest posts