What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
I'm amazed at the number of people that confuse the usage of "lose" and "loose." :)

I'll be lenient and say that the site has become quite "International" and that many are still learning the language... Me included. LOL!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poll seems pretty accurate...more the age group that grew up without technology so we are now enamored with it! And can also afford it ;)

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an interesting result but is based on a biased sampling. I think it is representative for the members of this forum population rather than the general iPad owners population that probably in majority does not write on this forum.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just turned 34 (2/21) and my Ipad was a Bday gift from my wife.

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to differ on what this poll suggests. Perhaps 35+ people have more ipads.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an interesting result but is based on a biased sampling. I think it is representative for the members of this forum population rather than the general iPad owners population that probably in majority does not write on this forum.

There are 35,000 members on the forum (as of this writing) and 550+ have taken the poll. As more people continue to participate, the sample size will become big enough to constitute a valid sample of the entire set.

On the other hand, if the question or sampling method is biased, then the bias would still remain even if all 35,000 members responded.

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tzimisce,
There are about 4Million iPads sold since release and 600 votes are about 0.015% of them.
If all the users of this forum would suddenly vote on this poll the percentage would rise to 0.9%. This is quite low for a significant statistical population sample.
More than that, this population has a strong bias because they are writers on a Forum and "write on a Forum" is an activity that depends on the social category of the person that is a cultural and age related fact.
This is an interesting poll but I belief it is not a good statistical sample for the iPad owners population.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are about 4Million iPads sold since release and 600 votes are about 0.015% of them. If all the users of this forum would suddenly vote on this poll the percentage would rise to 0.9%. This is quite low for a significant statistical population sample.

You cannot take the percentage based on the the survey sample size to the size of the entire set. Generally speaking, the bigger your sample size, the higher your accuracy becomes, but past a certain threshold, the margin of accuracy becomes good enough for most statistical analyses.

Try this -- Sample Size Calculator - Confidence Level, Confidence Interval, Sample Size, Population Size, Relevant Population - Creative Research Systems

You'll see that to derive a confidence level of 95% with an interval of 5%, you only need 384 responses. To increase confidence level to 99% with a 5% interval, it barely doubles to 666 responses.

(By the way, I'd guesstimate that the volume of iPad sales would be somewhere closer to the 18-20 million mark.)

Most reactions

Latest posts