What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad-4 will it get more slimmer ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
I live in the US and have no idea what a smarties is either.. :)

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-2156591456.jpg
    image-2156591456.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 180

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
Defects If you go through this particular thread carefully I have not spoken about any Defect on this thread, Yes on my earlier Thread Yes, I have. So you brought up this topic again. Again a defect is a defect Minor/Major whatever with me or with anybody else.

lol ! You are so confidently saying that I dont have the money, as if I asked you to lend me some money to buy the new iPad !

Please leave that decision to me and I shall take a decision which suits best my interest.

Actually you mention defects again in the post I replied to.

Having money or not has nothing to do with it. Some people have trouble with a purchase like this. You are clearly uncomfortable and most likely if you get one you will find something wrong just because that is what always happens with a customer with uncompromising unrealistic expectations.

I notice you didn't comment about just getting one and trying it.

I am not trying to be confrontational I just think if you are this uncomfortable you should avoid it because it will end up in a snake bit scenario.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For a moment it comes to my Mind that the iPad-4 will be slimmer than this , But going by what Seadog said, Apple likes to keep a Display atleast for two years as it is a massive production for the assembly line, so then looks unlikely to happen, if they don't change the display technology because had it been possible they would have done it even this time. But you never know even with the same display iPad-2 was a total change in terms of shape than iPad-1 !

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a moment it comes to my Mind that the iPad-4 will be slimmer than this , But going by what Seadog said, Apple likes to keep a Display atleast for two years as it is a massive production for the assembly line, so then looks unlikely to happen, if they don't change the display technology because had it been possible they would have done it even this time. But you never know even with the same display iPad-2 was a total change in terms of shape than iPad-1 !

Whatever shape, speed, screen, it doesn't matter if you don't ever buy one, lol.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may be right Augustya that the iPad 4 will be slimmer due to either screen or battery advances. Battery would be best as that can produce the most noticeable difference in weight and size.

But in reality that tech is not around yet and no one can say with any degree of certainty what will happen. Though it is fun to speculate.

rlg1bob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The New iPad screen and battery must be the reason it became slightly heavier and thicker. But the overall size is still great and I love the new screen. Not sure how much thinner or lighter they could make the iPad 4 without trading off some battery life, unless there is some new thinner battery technology coming within the next year...

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like the sleekness of iPad-2 and Features of iPad-3 in iPad-4...Hmmm...That would be a serious Dilemma If I have the iPad-3 and If I am thinking should I upgrade to iPad-4 ! :p

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
I would like the sleekness of iPad-2 and Features of iPad-3 in iPad-4...Hmmm...That would be a serious Dilemma If I have the iPad-3 and If I am thinking should I upgrade to iPad-4 ! :p

The iPad 3 has the sleekness of the iPad 2.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:

And that way of thinking is why you should never buy one. When the 4 comes out the same future upgrade problem will exist.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was looking forward to your comment :eek: Glad you chipped in ! For a moment it came even to my mind as well, after investing in the Retina Display of iPad and at such a massive level would Apple abandon it so easily. But the only turn off for Apple Customers worldwide would be if they were to not include Retina Display in iPad-4 but that ain't gonna happen !! So even if it is a Retina Display achieved by using IGZO Why do you think they would not adopt it ? That will make the iPad much much slimmer from what I know...

By the way what is SSD ?

You have been answered on the SSD issue, so I will address the retina display. Since they came out with the retina display on the iPhone, the public has been clamoring for it on the iPad. From what I have read, Apple went to their screen manufacturers and challenged them to find the best option for a retina display, and they probably had a team of Apple engineers working with them. When it came time to make the decision, they decided the failure rate on the IGZO displays was too high. You will note that two of the manufacturers that Apple uses, could not managed to get retina IPS screens with the required quality into full production until after the introduction of the iPad. That is 3 million screens that only one company managed to build for Apple. If they made $1 on each screen, that is $3 million that their competitors could not share in, and the loss of status in the world when their failure became known. Until they are fully confident that the IGZO screens are a better product, and as reliable, they will not approve them

It has been my experience that when Apple commits to technology, they will stick to it. They do not like to over reach technology because there is more chances of error. With the current screen, they have a known product, that will only improve with continued production. They devoted a lot of effort into getting this ready for the 3rd generation iPad. Now they will want to focus on other areas for the next model. From what I have read, under normal circumstances, they would be moving the storage capacities to 32 Gb, 64 Gb, and 128 Gb. However, they are losing part of their profit on the new screens, so they decided to hold off until next year. They keep their prices consistent by using the trend of electronic to progress quickly. They know that processors and hard drives are going to get faster, bigger, and cheaper with time. With the right timing, they can continue to improve the product, without a price increase.

Last edited:

Most reactions