What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 a big let down plus iPad 4 wish list

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lot of people read reviews on gadgets sites and watch their video reviews too and often have their minds decided upon reading these reviews. I have a job that pays well and have no problem affording the iPad if I wanted. Besides, I can sell my iPad 32g and get a good price which would require only a relatively small top up in cash. Someone saying there is a huge difference in quality of screen. Well, in what? Is it video, web pages?

WOW. You haven't even played with one. If you had, you wouldn't be asking those questions.

That actually explains a lot about your posts now.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lot of people read reviews on gadgets sites and watch their video reviews too and often have their minds decided upon reading these reviews. I have a job that pays well and have no problem affording the iPad if I wanted. Besides, I can sell my iPad 32g and get a good price which would require only a relatively small top up in cash. Someone saying there is a huge difference in quality of screen. Well, in what? Is it video, web pages?

The screen upgrade makes photos, webpages, email, and the most important part of any mobile device these days - apps, look unbelievably better than the iPad 2 or original. And because photos, webpages, email and apps are like 85% of the reason you buy a tablet, that's a pretty damn good deal. Your arguments hold no ground here, except for your own personal opinion.

You also don't make sense, as you're saying you're disappointed you didn't feel it would be worth the upgrade, but then flame people for buying one every year. If you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't mean it's not a good product.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Everything. The iPad 2 screen was good and served its purpose we'll, but I used to compare it to the screen on my 4s and couldn't believe how pixelated the iPads screen actually was. It made up for it by being a large screen but now with my new iPad it is even more obvious. Even when you just turn it on, the apple logo is so crisp and clear. What would you consider to be an improvment in screen quality?

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most of the things you want are technological advancements and unless you can find a way to defy physics, those things aren't gonna happen in a heartbeat. Sorry to say but the things you want are pretty stupid. Everyone wants the fastest and the lightest with the best screen and longest battery life. I'm sure if they could do all those things while keeping the iPad afforadable they would've done it already. If you wanted something like better Siri integration or OS improvements that will be possible but don't expect them making something with the best of everything.

He left out the ice bucket for cooling.

johnbrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't know what to say, OP. I missed the whole big letdown thing. iPad is all about the screen, and this new one is really something. I can tell the difference in every word I read and darn near everything I look at. But yet you want MORE resolution? Not next year, probably not the year after, either. Faster processors will come, but I'm not sure what needs to be faster. It's not a letdown for me, and wouldn't have been even if the screen was the only difference..

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy for the OP to keep his money...he can continue looking at the old screen. He can continue playing games at 1024 by 768 rather than 2048 by 1536. He doesn't need to read the small print in magazine article and webpages, or in journal articles...oh..he probably doesn't read those (what am I saying!!!!)...and he can keep looking at low res, desaturated pics and having a crappy camera.. No need to do 1080p video when you can do 720p video....and he certainly doesn't need LTE when he travels. Maybe he doesn't travel or take vacation. Or he can live with crappy 3G. Ha! No need for low-power bluetooth connections (or streaming video via bluetooth) or to do dictation. Just type everything and waste power. Old tech is good tech!

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still will post it is just to early to really know how much better they really are, and how people really feel about the new iPads. In six (6) Months we will have a much better picture of everything in regards to the new iPad.

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Considering that you can't run 1080p movies on an iPad 2, that should give you an advantage of a new one. Which leads into the only gripe I have, no 128 GB version. Those 1080p movies take up a huge chunk of space.

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine rocks....I love it. Definatley worth the upgrade from Ipad1. I couldnt be happier!!

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP seems a tad presumptuous assuming such a consensus. I an Android fan and think the new iPad is great. iTunes not so much, but that is another thing.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jumped from the first gen to the third and honestly I can't see a difference with the screen. I had double cataract surgery last year, so I don't know it that plays into it. I do have to wear reading glasses to read or use the iPad. I'm mainly sold on the 4G LTE. I love both my first gen and new iPad. Now my wife gets the original iPad and she's happy - she can fight the kids over it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
backudog said:
Damn straight! my ipad 3 arrives tommorrow (i hope) and i would hate to see a new one appear after only a year! let app/game developers get the best they can out of the current tech b4 u release a new beast out into the wild!

Nah, don't worry about that. Even if a new one comes out it doesn't suddenly mean that your current one stops working! I know, I get the heebie jeebies hen new versions of stuff I own come out. Then, logic takes over and I realize that I can just keep enjoying my current product. Much like I am with my iPad 2 as we speak. :)

LT.MAS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Agreed. I guess they felt the larger size would be for next year. But zillions of people claim that 16GB is plenty. I am not among them.

I'm already filling up my 64gig with documents,nautical charts and media. Maybe they could offer an option to pay for more space like when you buy a laptop. So maybe having the option to upgrade up to 200gigs or 250gig for an additional fee would be nice. But overall I'm satisfied with my new iPad, it's a very good product.

Most reactions

Latest posts