What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

nsnrajking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey do you mean can I downgrade ipad air OS? In case of 7.1 to 7.0.4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey do you mean can I downgrade ipad air OS? In case of 7.1 to 7.0.4? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
No, you can't downgrade the iOS version on your iPad Air. BTW, iOS 7.1 has only been released to developers as a beta release. Are you a registered iOS Developer?

Last edited:

nsnrajking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found some useful tweaks which are confirmed working on iPad air

[Moderator edit: Removed link to developer web site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Evasi0n7 1.0.1 has been uploaded to fix the iPad 2 Wifi model issues.

I don't believe it has, it was only updated to remove TaiG, pod2g said the Ipad 2 issues would be fixed soon. (you got me all excited but I still got stuck in boot loop :p)

hdcbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to get my ipad to ios 7 and jailbreak it. I believe!

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok so can I upate my wifes Ipad2 to IOS7.0.4 via iTunes then jailbreak with evasion, The Ipad will run fine just some Cydia sources may not work yet ? After Jailbroken does Cydia install on Ipad like it used to or does this have to be done seperatley ?

Although I have downloaded your links I am considering jut updating to IOS 7.0.4 through Itunes and JB with evasion I the above correct which I have wrote ?

I.e Ipad will still work but Cydia sources may not work at this point as they will need updated and does Cydia come with the evasion JB ?

Cheers and Merry Christmas have a nice boxing day.

On another point can update my iphone 4 in the same manner as above and then JB with Evasion.

My main concern is the devices will work but just need to wait for cydia to update sources a correct in these presumptions?

Thx all.

Al.

Connor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's been problems with the iPad 2 with the jailbreak (I think only the WiFi model but not sure). These should be fixed in the 1.0.2 jailbreak which should come pretty soon. So I would wait anyway

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok so can I upate my wifes Ipad2 to IOS7.0.4 via iTunes then jailbreak with evasion, The Ipad will run fine just some Cydia sources may not work yet ? After Jailbroken does Cydia install on Ipad like it used to or does this have to be done seperatley ?

Although I have downloaded your links I am considering jut updating to IOS 7.0.4 through Itunes and JB with evasion I the above correct which I have wrote ?

I.e Ipad will still work but Cydia sources may not work at this point as they will need updated and does Cydia come with the evasion JB ?

Cheers and Merry Christmas have a nice boxing day.

On another point can update my iphone 4 in the same manner as above and then JB with Evasion.

My main concern is the devices will work but just need to wait for cydia to update sources a correct in these presumptions?

Thx all.

Al.

Sources and packages are two separate entities. Some packages will work on the iPad, all sources will work. A working copy of Cydia is installed during the jailbreaking process when using Evasi0n7.

Repetitive question.

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 CDMA model. Restored to 7.04 through iTunes, waited for it to fully install all apps. Installed jailbreak and it worked flawlessly. The only issue was when I realized I forgot to sync my music. Plugged back in to iTunes and synced music. When I started using it again my Cydia tweaks no longer functioned. Tried reinstalling my tweaks and still didn't work. So, started from scratch with a fresh restore but this time I synced apps AND music before jailbreak. Worked flawlessly. All installed Cydia tweaks are working. So all is well. One other word of caution, DON'T install tweaks that haven't been listed on previous post as working. Tried one and had to go through the whole restore process again.

I don't believe past versions of jailbreaks stop functioning upon resyncing. I know I've resynced to save my PkBackup contact entry without losing tweaks. Maybe an issue with new jailbreak or something built into a new version of iTunes. So be aware.

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 CDMA model. Restored to 7.04 through iTunes, waited for it to fully install all apps. Installed jailbreak and it worked flawlessly. The only issue was when I realized I forgot to sync my music. Plugged back in to iTunes and synced music. When I started using it again my Cydia tweaks no longer functioned. Tried reinstalling my tweaks and still didn't work. So, started from scratch with a fresh restore but this time I synced apps AND music before jailbreak. Worked flawlessly. All installed Cydia tweaks are working. So all is well. One other word of caution, DON'T install tweaks that haven't been listed on previous post as working. Tried one and had to go through the whole restore process again.

I don't believe past versions of jailbreaks stop functioning upon resyncing. I know I've resynced to save my PkBackup contact entry without losing tweaks. Maybe an issue with new jailbreak or something built into a new version of iTunes. So be aware.

I'd recommend installing Bootstrap from the http://cydia.myrepospace.com/pwn24k/ (make sure the last slash is present). It installs 2 applications onto your springboard, one for rebooting, one for respringing. If your tweaks happen to stop working for any reason, or they're not showing up in Settings.app, tap on the TSRespring application that's installed, and it will refresh MobileSubstrate, which is causing your tweaks to not work. This would prevent the need of having to restore and re-jailbreak every time. And though Substrate Safe Mode is not 100% working, you can still boot into Safe Mode to remove the last known tweak, then tap on the TSRespring application to respring your device (as Substrate Safe Mode currently does not trigger a respring)

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd recommend installing Bootstrap from the http://cydia.myrepospace.com/pwn24k/ (make sure the last slash is present). It installs 2 applications onto your springboard, one for rebooting, one for respringing. If your tweaks happen to stop working for any reason, or they're not showing up in Settings.app, tap on the TSRespring application that's installed, and it will refresh MobileSubstrate, which is causing your tweaks to not work. This would prevent the need of having to restore and re-jailbreak every time. And though Substrate Safe Mode is not 100% working, you can still boot into Safe Mode to remove the last known tweak, then tap on the TSRespring application to respring your device (as Substrate Safe Mode currently does not trigger a respring)
Great. Doing it now. Also, for those looking for what tweaks are working, do a google search for "google docs tweaks working on ios 7." I found it right away but I will not post an external link.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is a list of tweaks. As per request by one of the staff members, I've separated the iPhone and iPad compatibility. The iPad Compatibility column has blanks for some of the packages, that signifies that I haven't gotten a chance to test them yet. For the ones that says (Untested), they were added based on CydiaUpdates stating that the tweaks are iOS 7 compatible, but have not been tested as of yet.

And as stated in the spreadsheet, some of the packages are compatible with the iPad as well as iPhone, but just because it's compatible with the iPad, it does not mean the packages' UI will fit the iPad screen (meaning you'll have an iPhone-sized screen on your screen). The features of the tweak still works, just that the UI has not been accommodated for the iPad screen size. Example would be SBSettings.

Feel free to request a tweak to be added on the list. The iPad compatibility has been tested on the iPad 2 and iPad 4. If through your trials that the tweak is causing an issue, please do not hesitate to ask for a correction. If through installing any tweaks (not just the ones listed) you've come to an issue of recovery mode, or your background is that of a grey color, you can boot your device into partial safe mode, remove the package through Cydia, and either reboot or respring if you have a proper respringing tweak installed.

Before installing any tweaks either working or for testing/trial purposes, make sure you have MobileSubstrate and Substrate Safe Mode installed as a safety net.

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great. Doing it now. Also, for those looking for what tweaks are working, do a google search for "google docs tweaks working on ios 7." I found it right away but I will not post an external link.

Thanks for this. It will be a bit before we get everything up and running, what with Mobile Substrate not working fully at this time (not fully iOS 7 compatible).

I just want to add this caution: yes, look for tweaks you were using on your iPad on iOS 6. But - if you've not jail broken your iPad before, then be cautious when installing tweaks. Many, many tweaks are built for the iPhone and are not compatible with the iPad. This was true for every iOS version before and stays the same now.

Always be cautious when putting tweaks on your iPads - make sure they are built to RUN on an iPad.

Here is a list we've built of tweaks that work on an iPad: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824

Because of the swift release of iOS 7, very few, if any, work now (you'll notice the list only goes up to iOS 6). But, at least you will have a start as to what ones to look and wait for.

We will update the list as we find out about iOS 7 AND iPad compatibility. For now, please, just be careful out there. :)

Marilyn

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updating to IOS 7.0.4 via ITunes and JB through Evasion is ok then, its not gonna do any harm to ipad 2 and Cydia will be updated as we proceed ?

Kind regards.

Al.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updating to IOS 7.0.4 via ITunes and JB through Evasion is ok then, its not gonna do any harm to ipad 2 and Cydia will be updated as we proceed ?

Kind regards.

Al.

Exactly! The jail break itself is stable. It's just that nothing is working, yet. So, jail break and wait is about the best advice we can give right now...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts