What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed SSLPatch from Ryan Petrich! Is this enough ?
Or is there other reasons to upgrade from 7.04 to 7.06! will this effect future upgrades?
Im slightly confused, is it worth the hassle of an upgrade or will the patch suffice?
any tips
cheers.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The SSL Cydia Patch applies the same changes as the iOS 6.1.6/7.0.6 SSL fix on the stock iOS, just that one is official and one is unofficial. As for affecting future upgrades, if you were to upgrade from 7.0.4/7.0.5 to iOS 7.0.6 or above, the stock iOS by default will have the patching done already. I.E if you were to theoretically upgrade from iOS 7.0.4 to iOS 7.1.3 let's say, you won't have to re-install the SSL patch assuming you can jailbreak 7.1.3 or whatever iOS that you land on, because any changes made to a previous iOS will be carried over to the succeeding iOS. Meaning, since the SSL fix was implemented on iOS 7.0.6, and future iOS following iOS 7.0.6 will also have the fix. They will have it indefinitely until SSL becomes completely obsolete and unused, in which case they'll remove it and replace it with something else (if ever)

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it took me forever to upgrade, update, and rerun evisi0n. I thought I w ok, but evasio0n told me I was already jailbroken, and they would not let me jailbreak. I know I did something wrong, just want other,s to know. I tunes never would let me back up. PS? I am a real novice at this. I had to DFU, restore to original and I backed up, not from my last, but from one earlier. Re.downloaded evasiOn. All is fine now, I just do not understand pkg backup, I just printed the list and I am reinstalling one by one. Never could figure out the other thing. Terminal and open ssh.
But thanx guys for all the input. And the heads up on the jailbreak.
I am so simple minded, just want sb settings back tho.

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 61

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone, have a geek for sale, I will adopt.TEE-Hee

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 61

zool84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new here.i have a problem whereas i havent update my ipad mini for months.my current FW is 6.1. for the last 2 days i tried to upgrade to 7.0.4 but experiencing error 3194. i googled and do everything i.e. change the hosts file, enter DFU before restore and also i tried the lower version of itunes 11.0.5. but still error 3194.i dont know what to do now.

so, should i upgrade to ios 7.0 first and then will i be able to upgrade to 7.0.6?

thanks a bunch.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new here.i have a problem whereas i havent update my ipad mini for months.my current FW is 6.1. for the last 2 days i tried to upgrade to 7.0.4 but experiencing error 3194. i googled and do everything i.e. change the hosts file, enter DFU before restore and also i tried the lower version of itunes 11.0.5. but still error 3194.i dont know what to do now.

so, should i upgrade to ios 7.0 first and then will i be able to upgrade to 7.0.6?

thanks a bunch.

The reason you are getting the error is because you are trying to upgrade to an "old" iOS (Apple is no longer signing iOS 7.0.4).

You need to upgrade directly to iOS 7.0.6. That is the only valid iOS as of today.

Marilyn

zool84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason you are getting the error is because you are trying to upgrade to an "old" iOS (Apple is no longer signing iOS 7.0.4).

You need to upgrade directly to iOS 7.0.6. That is the only valid iOS as of today.

Marilyn

thank you for the reply.if so, before upgrading, which should i choose? upgrade or restore?do i need to be in DFU mode or just let the itunes do the rest?

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you for the reply.if so, before upgrading, which should i choose? upgrade or restore?do i need to be in DFU mode or just let the itunes do the rest?

To have a cleaner install, I recommend you restore to iOS 7.0.6 after putting the iPad into DFU mode. Once the iPad is in DFU mode, you can then let iTunes restore it.

I suggest you make a backup first. Then, you can use the backup to put your iPad back the way it was. Well, on ios 7.0.6...

Marilyn

zool84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To have a cleaner install, I recommend you restore to iOS 7.0.6 after putting the iPad into DFU mode. Once the iPad is in DFU mode, you can then let iTunes restore it.

I suggest you make a backup first. Then, you can use the backup to put your iPad back the way it was. Well, on ios 7.0.6...

Marilyn

thanks again.i will try it tonite and let u know.

Update:it finally worked.thanks a lot friend!

Last edited:

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I restored my iPad in Recovery mode and not in Dfu. Is it safe to JB or is it better to redo in Dfu mode and then JB?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I restored my iPad in Recovery mode and not in Dfu. Is it safe to JB or is it better to redo in Dfu mode and then JB?

Either or will work. DFU bypasses the conventional sequence checks and usually does not lead to iTunes errors when trying to restore. As long as it's a fresh restore of the device (and not update) you're fine.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are you saying we can update ios to latest with iTunes even if we are jailbroken?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So are you saying we can update ios to latest with iTunes even if we are jailbroken?

If possible, yes as the SSL fix is a huge security flaw. Though I would say iOS 7.0.7 should be pushed out by the end of this week or early next assuming 7.1 is not coming out next week to address the new keystroke "keylog" flaw.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sitting on the fence with my iPad2 that is evasi0n jb at 6.1.2. I can do the upgrade to 7.0.6 and then jb using the recently released evasi0n updated for 7.06. Since this is older hardware there is no going back. If iOS 7.0.6 proves to be a slug on this iPad2 I will be sol. With 6.1.2, I do have a couple of apps that have started having problems with them disappearing to the tasklist when they are run and have skipped getting some apps since they require iOS 7.

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused. normally once you jailbreak you cannot update.. You normally need to erase up update. dud I read we can do iOS 7 updates with iTunes? how exactly can this be done? or did I read wrong? I also assume we still cannot upgrade from iOS 6.1 jail broken to iOS 7 without erasing? that's usually the case.

Most reactions