What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 Malfunctioning on my iPad Mini

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not all iPad Mini's seem to have any problems with iOS 8, so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the update but it may have a problem with your own device. That is what I think must have happened.

OP
K

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are welcome I personally believe if you had loaded iOS 8 as new it would have been fine. Glad we could at least assist you. Time for a fosters.

Now that I know I can change back to 7.1.2 at will, and my iPad'll work well again, I can go back and try to load 8.0 as a new device. If it still gives me trouble, back to 7.1.2. At least now I have the option and I can quit my whining. Enjoy that Foster's.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I know I can change back to 7.1.2 at will, and my iPad'll work well again, I can go back and try to load 8.0 as a new device. If it still gives me trouble, back to 7.1.2. At least now I have the option and I can quit my whining. Enjoy that Foster's.
The ability to downgrade to iOS 7.1.2 could disappear at any moment, as soon as Apple stops signing it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problems i have been providing support for more than 30 years and use to being patient with users. We understand how frustrating it is when one gets into trouble. Our staff are experts at walking through the issue and in majority of cases resolving the problem. As you found we work as a team not just with our mods and admin staff but also with our in house resident user support team.

OP
K

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, now that you mention it, I remember reading that somewhere. I guess I act tomorrow, or (probably) just wait for the next update. I'm betting it will be fairly soon, as the number of complaints, I found in my research is climbing....and fast. Thanks for that tip.

Most reactions