What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 1: should I upgrade for iOS 8 or not?

Natasc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have an iPad Mini 1 and since I learn that he's sort like iPad 2 I did not upgrade him for iOS 8, I'm still running on iOS 7.1.2 and is working great, no lags.

Thing is, some features of the new iOS interests me, so is it okay to go for iOS 8 or this model in this iOS presents lag and little slow things?
'cause my iPhone 4 sucked on iOS 7 and my cousin iPhone 4S sucked on iOS 8. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks anyway!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I have an iPad Mini 1 and since I learn that he's sort like iPad 2 I did not upgrade him for iOS 8, I'm still running on iOS 7.1.2 and is working great, no lags.

Thing is, some features of the new iOS interests me, so is it okay to go for iOS 8 or this model in this iOS presents lag and little slow things?
'cause my iPhone 4 sucked on iOS 7 and my cousin iPhone 4S sucked on iOS 8. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks anyway!
Go for 8xx, why not? It did some good for iPad2 and your Mini is a much later model, so wasn't exactly transported over in Noah's Arc:) You have a nice tablet that should enjoy the enhanced software.
I don't think Apple produces these system upgrades to have the millions of tablets it has already sold have increasing problems. Each upgrade is designed to improve and enhance somehow, IMO.
Go ahead and upgrade. I doubt you'll enjoy your nice Mini any less:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you decide to update to the latest software version, which is iOS 8.1.3, do so via iTunes.
Make sure you have a most recent backup, update iTunes (afaik 12.1 is the latest version), and then connect your iPad to it.

After updating, reset your device. This might remove minor bugs and glitches you'd experience otherwise. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

Most reactions

Latest posts