What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 Malfunctioning on my iPad Mini

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was nearly impossible to create this post:
This update is the worst thing ever to befall my beloved iPad mini. It's ruined. The developers should be ashamed, and I hope they are scrambling around to come up with 8.0.1 immediately. The device's performance is now slow and twitchy. Safari is all but unusable now, with major load and reload problems, buttons not working, multiple tab switching malfunctions, HUGE issues with keyboard shortcuts and auto-form fill....and did I mention it's slow? I don't mean just a little slow. I'm talking 20, 40, 90 second and more to open a web page that was taking 1/2 of a second on Wednesday morning. And that's when they open at all. Some won't at all; crashing or freezing. I can't upload any photos. There are problems switching from one app the another, there are visual blinks and lags of various duration. Apps spontaneously closing. And all these problems I found without even looking. What other issues am I going to experience as time goes on. Woe is me for downloading it! My iPad was running swimmingly on Wednesday. I was going to show someone just how cool this machine is, to talk them into getting an Apple tablet. But I can't show them this! I would be embarrassed. Apple Corp. - what are you going to do about it?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand your problem. I suggest to use the latest version iTunes on a computer and redo the upgrade You could try holding the home key and off button and wait for the apple logo then release but at the end of the day I would redo the upgrade. It is possible yu are running out of storage that also can cause issues. Hope that helps

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. It is 9 am sat here and I am going out for 3 hours and will affirms to your problem when I come back our staff my assist also. I suggest you look at the preferences to see how much memory you have left on the mini if it is not much delete a few apps do a another reset and see how it is. You can always down load the apps again ok. Be patient give us time to assist. Think about using a friends computer preferably Windows's 7,8 or a Mac

OP
K

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the reset with the 2 buttons. No good. I have no memory issues. I even went so far as to reset the whole iPad to factory settings. No good. I looked everywhere for solutions. I even looked for a way to revert to iOS7. No good. You suggested reloading the upgrade on a desktop. I don't know how to do that....I just simply upgraded over WiFi directly from the device, in the settings menu. Is there an actual option in iTunes to "re-download" iOS8? I have a PC available. Can you or anyone guide me through that procedure? Thanks. I'm out of my mind over here trying to work this thing out.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just give us time I will have on of our resident members whom have the instructions for you to use. Remember we are international forum. Where do yu live

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks mate just about to send yu a pm. I suggested restore from factory for his problem any other ideas twerppoet
I just realized we have 2 users with same problem the op has not responded

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks mate just about to send yu a pm. I suggested restore from factory for his problem any other ideas twerppoet
I just realized we have 2 users with same problem the op has not responded

Just that, if possible, he should backup/save any pictures or other important files off the iPad first.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I picked up the thread because I am hesitating about downloading IOS8. It would be reassuring to be able to "un download" it, but I didn't think it was possible to revert back unless your device was Jailbroken. Col.bris' idea to re-download suggests there may be a way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
K

kfhaggerty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the U.S. I did a factory reset yesterday (not through computer or iTunes). I feel there was a small improvement; for instance, I'm not having AS much trouble writing this as I had prior - but the overall performance is still unsatisfactory. Oddly, and maybe significantly, I have no trouble at all playing Real Racing 3. With all the problems I'm experiencing, I thought for sure that app wouldn't run. I'm still going to try to re-download the iOS8 upgrade via iTunes on PC later today.

Most reactions

Latest posts